morbid meal

Rantaros pov

I leaned back in my chair as I watched the others pick mindlessly at their food. Everyone is understandably upset after last night. They're not even eating!

"Mmm I miss mama-chans food. How am I supposed to eat this flavourless sloop!" kokichi lay his chin against the table depressingly.

"Chin up soider" I ruffled his hair.

"Hey" we looked up to see ryoma waving at us with a bowl of oatmeal "you kids mind if I sit with you?"

"Of course not, take a seat" I smiled reassuringly. It seems ryomas finally opening up to us.

The three of us sat and ate in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence where you feel like you have to force conversation. It's more like a comforting silence. Eventually ryoma broke the silence.

"I really gotta thank you boys for talking some sense into me. I was being a damn fool" he pulled his hat down with a groan.

"Hey it's fine. You made the right choice in the end" I smiled at him.

"That's right" he nodded sharply "I don't know if I deserve to live or not but I've decided to take my destiny into my own hand. Who knows. Maybe scum like me will eventually be of use to you"

"I'll drink to that" kokichi held his panta up high. I ruffled his hair as he giggled like a small child. The mood between the three of us was light and happy. At that moment we felt happy...

That was until Angie stepped in.