Chapter 27

Kong POV

My smile fell the moment I hung up the phone. I was glad that my baby had a great day. I could hear it in his voice I want my baby to keep having those great days.

"So, it's true, the great Kongpob fell in love." The person in front of me laughingly said blood dripping down his chin. "Oh, I can't wait till everyone finds out." I punched him in the stomach hard. The shifter in front of me groan in pain then laughed, as he spit blood at my feet. "You can try and get all the information you want out of me; I will not turn on my master" he said, throwing his head back laughing hysterically. I had been working him all day, and he has not giving me any information that I wanted.

"Maybe he doesn't know anything." Aim said. He was the only one with me. I had sent everyone else back to the apartment. I wanted someone there when Arthit got back. Lately he has expressed how much he disliked coming home to an empty apartment. He says he feels as if he is being watched and it creeps him out. So, I have made sure that someone is there when he gets home.

"He knows something. It's a matter of getting him to talk" I say. The shifter just grins at us, before he start to hum. I know there has to be a way to get him to talk.

"Maybe he can't talk" Aim whispers in my ear. I tilt my head to the side watching the shifter. The longer I hold onto him the crazier he seems to become. I open the door walking out, Aim following behind me. I slam and lock the door before turning back to Aim. We have this shifter one of the warehouses my father use to use for inventory. Now we use to look people up. We had converted it into a makeshift prison. Once inside the cells, you could not use magic. So, until we were able to get them inside we used spell bound ropes and chains.

"What do you mean?"

"What if whoever is behind this has a spell on him. A spell that makes it impossible for him to talk? I remember May once telling me she had to learn a spell like that when she was younger. She used it on a cousin and got in trouble." I lean against the wall, arms crossed over my chest tapping my finger against my arm, thinking. Aim just looks at me, head tilted. Once thing about Aim, is he always allows you to think. He gives you time to sort out your thoughts and doesn't press.

"Call May, find out where she is at. If she is at the apartment, have her go into your room I don't want Arthit to hear anything we are about to say." Aim nodded his head pulling out his phone dialing his girlfriend. Putting it on speaker

"Hey babe, are you done?" She ask as she answer.

"Not yet...answer yes or no, is Arthit around you right now?"

"Yes."

"I need you go to into our bedroom, Kong and I have questions that we don't want him to hear." Aim told her.

"Excuse me guys I need to go look for something." She says, then there was silence. The only sound that could be heard is her footsteps and her breathing. We heard a door open then close. "Whats going on?"

"Do you know how to tell if someone has a spell on them?" Kong asked

"Depends on the type of spell. I couldn't sense one on Arthit and look where that got us."

"That isn't your fault...the spell I'm talking about is one of silence. I'm trying to get someone to spill secrets and they are not."

"Oh, yeah. Those have a signature. The longer you try and get someone to spill the secret, the crazier they become. They brain wants to tell the secret but at the same time their brain wont allow it to happen. So, it fights with itself."

"Okay...say we got that far...how to we stop it."

"Is the person completely crazy now? Like spouting nonsense?"