Chapter 28: What If...The Watcher Broke His Oath? (Part 2)

The Guardians of the Multiverse have been brought together and now they set their plan in motion, as they go and stop Ultron.

Previously...

Uatu: "You have been chosen... for a mission that is both highly dangerous and absolutely necessary for the continuation of life as you know it. At first, I scoured eternity for one true hero. Then I saw the bigger picture. This mission requires a team. The perfect combination of skills and experience that alone will triumph."

Strange: "You aren't just our best hope to save one universe."

Uatu: "You are my last hope to save all of them. You are the Guardians of the Multiverse."

Uatu: "Your worlds are either under attack or soon will be by Ultron, an artificial intelligence elevated to a cosmic being thanks to an enhanced synthetic body and the power of the Infinity Stones." He explained as he showed Ultron.

Strange: "Six stones of near unfathomable power. Each controlling an essential aspect of our existence. And Ultron holds all of them." He explained.

Blake: "Alright, Guardians, you know the plan and you know your roles. Get the Soul Stone and get it to Gamora. We'll hold the line. And then, she'll unleash the Crusher." He tells the group.

The Watcher teleported the Guardians to an abandoned clifftop. The heroes have made a campfire, while Doctor Strange was casting a protection spell around the group.

Gamora: "This place is safe?" She asked.

Strange: "Apparently, there's not enough intelligent life here to attract Ultron. Until we decide to." He said.

Then, a tentacle unleashed itself from Stephen's hand. He grabbed hold of his hand, as he drew it back. He began to breathe heavily, as it was a bit difficult to control all the creatures he had absorbed.

Peggy: "Can I ask, what happened?" She asked.

Strange: [Sighs] "Same thing that happened to you. Love." He responded.

Peggy: "I take it you know the Captain Carter on your universe?"

Strange: "No. Captain America. In my universe, Steve Rogers received the serum." He said.

Peggy: "Huh, yours as well? Blake has told me a bit about his universe's Steve Rogers. It would definitely be a sight to see." She said, as she looked over to see Blake and Peter talking with each other, along with Tony and T'Challa.