V

It matters not what someone
is born, but what they grow out
to be.

[Albus Dumbledore.]

☄. *. ⋆

 ⋆

☄. *. ⋆

“What a peculiar new little girl we have here.” Y/n looked at the two ginger-haired twins as they said that in union completely widening the child's eyes in so much surprise and excitement.

“Stop scaring the kid.” Said the bushy brown-haired girl that was seated beside Y/n. “Don't mind them, Y/n they're just like that, most of the time. I'm Hermione Granger by the way and we are your seniors.”

The little girl's eyes sparkled with pure delight as she gazed upon Hermione, her face beaming with a radiant smile; she was utterly speechless, for this moment felt so surreal to her. After being isolated to her house for as long as she could remember, she now found herself outside the dusty old attic she once called home. Can you believe it? She's finally here, outside and making new friends, and she's positively thrilled at the prospect of learning about Magic! The very same Magic she had only ever read about in books, the Magic she never thought could possibly be real.

“That's Harry.” Hermione pointed at the black-haired boy with round eye-glasses in front of them, “and beside him is Ron.” said Hermione pointing out to the ginger-haired boy besides Harry.

After all the introduction Y/n nodded her head in delight as a sign that she had gotten all of their names- or did she really? The only name she could really master was Hermione's, Ron's, Harry's, the other boy named Neville and Dean, other than that she already has forgotten their names.

What was the sandy-haired guy's name again? Is it Seamonster? Seame? She thought to herself. Well it doesn't matter anymore, she can give them new nicknames anyways. She was so hungry to think about anything else, speaking of hunger. She just remembered that she hadn't actually eaten since breakfast.

Her gaze fell at the long table filled with adorned and mouth-watering dishes, she stared at it for a while, but hesitated to take any food. She was afraid that if she tried to obtain a slice or take a bite, Hermione and the others might reprimand her for eating just like what her nasty stepmother used to.

Hermione noticed this and asked, “What's the matter, Y/n? Don't you have any appetite to eat?”

The little girl blinked her eyes and looked up at Hermione beside her, “Oh, am I allowed to eat?” She inquired, her eyes sparkling with the hope that Hermione would respond with a positive affirmation.

“Of course, what kind of question is that? All of these foods are for us, you should eat.” Exclaimed one of the Weasley twins, though it was difficult to discern whether it was Fred or George.