XXIV

You won't have to do all the work alone this time, I'll help.”

[Ronald Weasley.]

☄. *. ⋆

The atmosphere inside the Great hall was palpable with tension and confusion after the recent events. As students and faculty bustled about, whispers and hushed conversations could be heard all around the hall, with everyone talking about how Harry Potter and Y/n Devorah managed to enter the tournament despite being underage. Some students were in awe of their daring, while others were outraged at their rule-breaking. Meanwhile, a few professors were quietly discussing the implications of the situation and what it meant for the safety of the students. The tension in the air was so thick that you could cut it with a knife, and it was clear that this was a topic that would be discussed for days to come.

As the students gathered, murmurs of disbelief and accusations of cheating filled the air. One of the Ravenclaw students expressed their disbelief by saying, “They must've cheated.” The sentiment was shared by one of the Slytherins who added, “Yeah, right, they did! Harry Potter's a cheat!”

“The Gryffindors must've really gone crazy!”

“They're really willing to do anything to steal the show!” Cormac said, betraying his own house by taking the sides of the other houses, shaking his head in disbelief. The Hufflepuffs also roared in agreement, thinking that the boy who lived and the little girl intentionally did that to steal the spotlight that was supposed to be for their house only.

He had always harbored suspicions about the little girl, and now he was convinced that she had played a role in their team's defeat. “I always knew that little girl would do things like this!” He exclaimed. “She's been really suspicious ever since the first day she arrived here!” These accusations were unfounded, but the rumors continued to spread like wildfire among the students.

“Y/n's not like that, you disgusting toad! There must be someone who intentionally did this to sabotage her and Harry!” Hermione scoffed as she stood up, holding her book, ready to fight anyone who's going to talk bad about Harry and the little girl.

Cormac fired back, “What proof do you have, Granger? You Muggle-borns are crazy!” Ron, who was sitting with Hermione, stood up and added, “Shut the fuck up, McLaggen! Anyone who insults Harry and Y/n will have to deal with us, you got it?”

The tension in the room was palpable as Capella, Y/n's best friend, stepped forward to defend her friend's reputation.

Capella was outraged. “She's innocent,
okay? Y/n won't do something like this!” she yelled, passionately defending her friend.

“Stop defending the child! She's not as innocent as we all think!” one of the Hufflepuffs sneered.

“Shouldn't you be ashamed that your snitch little friend is stealing the spotlight of your house?” Cormac taunted Capella.

As the argument escalated, students from other houses began to take sides, and the tension in the room continued to mount. Despite the overwhelming evidence against Y/n, Capella refused to believe that she was capable of such a heinous act.

Vincent Crabbe, one of Draco's friends, was notorious for being a bully and a troublemaker. He often picked on younger students and made their lives miserable. However, to everyone's surprise, he's standing still before the very eyes of everyone inside the hall, defending a little girl from a house they have a big rivalry with.

“She's a child, Dumbo! Have you lost all your neurons to the point that you couldn't even think properly?” Crabbe exclaimed, defending the young girl. Even Crabbe's usual partner in crime, Gregory Goyle, joined in to support his friend's actions.

“How can you stoop so low and think of a child so badly?” said Goyle. “You're sick!”

The current actions of Crabbe and Goyle would be considered appalling and shocking to their former selves. They are now defending a Gryffindor Muggle, a group they once believed were inferior to them, but that's not the case anymore. Y/n holds a significant place in Draco's life, and as a result, Crabbe and Goyle have come to view Y/n as important too. Their trust in Draco is so strong that they have decided to protect and place their faith in the hands of a muggle-born, which is a significant shift in their worldview and a testament to their loyalty to Draco. If the whole world is going to turn their backs on Draco, well, then they're not named, world to do the same.

Crabbe and Goyle are the night sky that's willing to let Draco, the star, continue to shine even in the darkest of times.

“If you won't shut your fucking mouth, I'll make sure by the end of this year you won't be able to open them up again.” Fred stood up as he and his twin brother, George, looked at Cormac dead in the eyes.

The room fell silent as the whispers died down, leaving only the tension in the air. Looking around, it was clear that many people were afraid of the consequences of speaking out against Harry and Y/n. However, despite the fear, it was evident that many people were still unsure about which side to take in the conflict. As the silence stretched on, Fred and George continued to stare down Cormac, daring him to say another word.

Eventually, Cormac's bravado faltered, and he became visibly frightened of Fred's threat. This incident left a lasting impression on everyone in the room, and it was clear that the consequences of taking sides in the ongoing conflict were severe and far-reaching.

Pansy, who had been silent for the entire time, looked around the room and noticed that Draco was nowhere to be found. She furrowed her brows and turned to Blaise, inquiring, “Where’s Draco?”

“Probably running around the Wonderland again.” answered Blaise with a soft chuckle.

“What do you mean?” asked Pansy, who looked at him with confusion written all over her face.

“Well, it seems like the Mad Hatter's really gone mad for Alice this time.”