XXV

“You don't understand, there
are things worth dying for.”

[Sirius Black.]

☄. *. ⋆

“Draco!” Y/n's head snapped up, her eyes widening with a mix of surprise and relief as she caught sight of Draco's familiar figure standing before her. Without a moment's hesitation, she propelled herself forward, as Draco lowered himself to a crouch, scooping the little girl in his arms, creating a safe haven within his embrace. The warmth radiating from his body provided solace, while his expression remained protective and full of determination, offering a sense of reassurance in the midst of chaos.

Karkaroff's confusion and disbelief at the sudden turn of events were palpable as he watched the scene unfold before him. “Who is this? Now what type of show are you putting on, Dumbledore?” He said. Dumbledore, who had been watching from a distance, approached the group calmly, his eyes fixed on Draco and the little girl in his arms.

“Mr. Malfoy, shouldn't you be at the Great Hall with your friends? Let the child go and leave,” Professor Snape said, trying to escalate the situation. However, Draco refused to let go of the little girl, his grip around her tightening.

“I will not leave this chamber without her,” He replied firmly, his eyes fixed on The Potions Master before his eyes.

As the tension in the chamber escalated, Y/n's small frame trembled in Draco's embrace, her sobs growing louder. The weight of the situation was clearly taking a toll on her, and Draco knew he had to do something to calm her down.

“It's okay, it's okay princess, I'm here. I'm here now,” he whispered soothingly, his voice barely above a whisper.

Draco knew damn well that once he interfered with this mess, there would be consequences to pay, and he was willing to pay more than a million times if that meant keeping Y/n safe from this bloody mess she didn't want to get herself into. He cared about her safety more than anything and he was willing to risk it all to protect her. Draco didn't even bring his wand on the way here; he just rushed inside the moment he saw that no one was guarding the chamber's door.

“Mr. Malfoy, huh?” Karkaroff shrieked. “Ah, the son of Lucius Malfoy? No wonder you just barge in here without any simple respect.”

Harry, Fleur, Cedric, and Krum continued to just watch on the side, knowing they could not interfere or else it would only add more fuel to the tension.

“I don't see any disrespect in wanting to keep a child safe, Professor,” Draco exclaimed, his eyes darkening slightly as he held onto the little girl in his arms.

“Mr. Malfoy, I'm politely asking you to leave now,” Dumbledore said calmly. Which Draco immediately countered by answering, “And I'm also politely going to leave, but not without her.”

“That's not possible, Mr. Malfoy! Leave the child here, she has a competition to compete!” Ludo Bagman, determined to uphold the rules of the competition, tried to take Y/n away from Draco. Incensed, Draco took a step back, holding the girl even more tightly.

“Don't you dare lay your filthy hands on her!” Draco scowled, feeling himself slowly losing all the respect he has left for the elderly man in front of him.

As he stared at the man, his gaze darkened and locked onto the man's features with an intense focus that seemed to bore through to the man's very soul. A sense of anger and frustration boiled up within him, causing his jaw to clench tightly shut. His body radiated a palpable aura of danger that seemed to warn anyone who dared cross him. The tension in the air was thick enough to be cut with a knife as Draco stood locked in a silent battle of wills.