XI

I mean, it's sort of exciting, isn't it, breaking the rules?

[Hermione Granger.]

☄. *. ⋆

 ⋆

☄. *. ⋆

It was another warm and sunny day for everyone at the great hall. The students were chattering away as they savored their breakfast, while Y/n, as usual, sat beside the Golden trio. The trio talked about their upcoming classes and the assignments they had to do, while the little girl listened attentively, and occasionally chimed in with her own thoughts and ideas. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, and the hall was alive with the sounds of clinking silverware and happy chatter. Outside, the trees swayed gently in the breeze, their leaves rustling softly.

As Y/n sat at the table, she felt her smile creeping up her face as she stole a glance across the room.

Her gaze landed on Harry, who was sitting in front of her, but her eyes were immediately drawn to Draco, who was sitting behind him at the Slytherin table. To her surprise, Draco was looking back at her with a smile on his face. It was a small, almost imperceptible smile, but it was enough to make her smile.

Little Y/n looked up and saw Draco sitting at a table nearby. Without a moment's hesitation, she excitedly waved at him, causing Hermione to turn her attention to where she was pointing.

“Y/n, focus on your food,” Hermione scolded, gently nudging the child back towards her meal.

Meanwhile, Harry and Ron, who had been engaged in their own conversation, noticed the commotion and turned their heads to see what was going on. Following Y/n's and Hermione's gaze, they saw Draco and his companions sitting at a nearby table behind them, seemingly unaware of the attention they had attracted.

Harry raised an eyebrow, wondering what had caught the little girl's eye, while Ron leaned over to whisper something to him.

“What are these douchebags up to, mate?” He asked Harry.

“I have no idea,” He replied to Ron. “But I'm sure they're up to no good again.” Harry couldn't shake off the feeling of unease that had settled in his stomach. He knew that he and Ron had to keep a close eye on the Slytherins, especially Draco Malfoy. Who knew what kind of bad scheme they're plotting at this time?

As the students chatted and savored their delicious meals, Professor McGonagall and Hagrid entered the Great Hall, causing a stir among the crowd. All eyes were on the duo as they made their way towards the Gryffindor table.