8: The Princess and the Mistress

The news hung in the air, prompting Claude and Navier to halt in their tracks

A mixture of concern and curiosity etched across their features, as they pondered the cause of such a tumultuous encounter.

"Where?" His voice dripped with venom, his eyes widening as a dark cloud of anger overshadowed his expression in an instant.

"The main palace!" The maid's words trembled as she lowered her head, aware of the gravity of the situation.

Claude's instincts kicked in, propelling him forward with urgency as he darted toward the main palace, leaving Navier startled and bewildered.

"E-Emperor!" Navier's voice trembled with concern as she hesitated for a moment before swiftly turning on her heels, her heart pounding in her chest.

With her hands gripping the sides of her flowing red skirt, she hurriedly followed Claude, their footsteps echoing through the palace corridors.

'Why would the princess be in the main palace? Shouldn't she be in the South palace?'

More thoughts raced through Navier's mind, a mixture of confusion and growing panic.

Claude's heart pounded in his chest as he hastily scanned the room, his eyes coming to a halt as he witnessed the tense scene before him.

Lilian, filled with indignation, glared at Rashta and Sovieshu, her body protectively positioned behind the princess who mirrored her defiance.

Rashta, on the other hand, wept openly as Sovieshu embraced her, their actions only serving to fuel Claude's fury.

With swift and purposeful strides, Claude closed the distance between them, his eyes gleaming with a dangerous intensity.

"What is the meaning of this?" His voice cut through the air like a blade, laced with veiled anger.

"It seems your daughter has shown disrespect towards my mistress, Emperor Claude," Sovieshu's tone dripped with coldness, his frown deepening.

Lilian's voice rang out, firm and unwavering. "Your Majesty, the princess merely wished to take a stroll, but Lady Rashta insisted on intruding and refusing to give her highness any space."

Rashta, her tears still flowing, interjected with a pleading tone. "Rashta wasn't bothering the princess! Rashta only wanted to be her friend!"

Claude's words cut through the tension, his voice dripping with disdain. "She clearly doesn't want your friendship."

Navier, out of breath from her hurried arrival, stood beside Claude, her eyes scanning the scene with a mixture of concern and confusion. Her heart ached for the turmoil that seemed to follow Rashta wherever she went.