44: The Fate of the Empress

"I'm going to divorce empress Navier."

The resounding declaration echoed through the grand halls of the throne room, Emperor Sovieshu's words piercing the air with a weight that sent shockwaves through the gathered nobles.

Their faces contorted with a mixture of disbelief, concern, and panic, their voices rising in a cacophony of pleas and objections.

"Please reconsider your majesty."

"Your majesty, I cannot support this!"

"Your majesty!"

"it has already been decided." Sovieshu remained resolute, his countenance bearing the weight of his determination. With a grave expression etched upon his features, he stood tall, his hands clasped firmly behind his back, unwavering in his resolve.

By his side, Navier maintained her composure, seated upon her throne, a mask of neutrality concealing her inner turmoil.

"But...!"

Amidst the tumultuous chorus of dissenting voices, Navier's thoughts remained clear, as she observed the proceedings with a measured detachment.

'This meeting is just formality. The divorce trial will begin soon.' Navier's thoughts remained clear, as she observed the proceedings with a measured detachment.

The hours dragged on, the room filled with tension and fervent exchanges. Despite the impassioned pleas and the noble's attempts to sway the emperor's decision, the meeting concluded with Sovieshu reaffirming his intent to dissolve their marriage.

Navier gracefully rose from her throne, her stoic facade unyielding as she navigated the sea of concerned gazes fixed upon her. Each measured step she took resounded with a sense of purpose, the click of her heels upon the polished floor accentuating her determined stride.

This momentous news would definitely spread ripples that would inevitably surge through other empires and kingdoms.

Within the opulent confines of the duchy estate in the Polaris Empire, a concerned advisor found themselves engaged in a futile attempt to capture the attention of the grand duchess, who appeared untroubled by the mounting paperwork demanding her ...

Within the opulent confines of the duchy estate in the Polaris Empire, a concerned advisor found themselves engaged in a futile attempt to capture the attention of the grand duchess, who appeared untroubled by the mounting paperwork demanding her attention.

With crossed legs and a nonchalant posture, Artemis exuded an air of indifference as her advisor's pleas fell upon deaf ears.

The advisor's worry deepened, their voice tinged with frustration as they broached the subject that had been gnawing at their thoughts. "Your grace, I must insist that the arrangement you made with Emperor Claude is proving to be a significant drain on your time and resources..."

Artemis maintained her silence, her fingers idly toying with the quill in her hand, much to the growing consternation of her advisor. The gravity of the situation seemed to elude her, and it only fueled their concern.