48: Sunset

Once their horseback riding adventure came to an end, both Navier and Claude dismounted their horses, their faces still displaying their composed expressions.

"Did you enjoy it?" Claude inquired with his stoic demeanor, prompting a soft smile and a nod from Navier.

"Yes, thank you, Your Majesty," she replied graciously, placing her hand gently over her chest while tilting her head slightly.

A flicker of surprise danced across Claude's features. He hadn't anticipated the extent to which Navier would cherish this experience. Her genuine happiness struck a chord within him, stirring emotions he had kept guarded beneath his usual calm facade.

Badump...

With the bill paid, Claude's heart subtly quickened its pace, though his outward composure remained unruffled. "You're welcome," he responded succinctly.

As they walked side by side, both holding the bags containing their original clothes, they found themselves back in the capital's town market

As they walked side by side, both holding the bags containing their original clothes, they found themselves back in the capital's town market. Navier's blonde hair, elegantly tied up in a ponytail, fluttered gently in the wind as Claude stood beside her.

"It seems that we should part ways now, Your Majesty. The evening has already arrived, and you might need to return to your residence," she politely suggested, favoring a warmer, more personable tone than her usual composed demeanor. Navier believed it would be impolite to maintain her typical regal attitude after the enjoyable time they had shared.

Claude fell silent, his eyes remaining fixed on her, contemplating his next words.

"Actually, I was thinking if we could..."

"Daddy!"

The joyful exclamation of his daughter caught Claude off guard, causing his words to falter. Navier's attention shifted toward the little princess, who approached them with an adorable, beaming smile, her little feet carrying her eagerly to their side.

"Daddy, I was searching for you!" Athanasia exclaimed happily, her eyes brimming with happiness and relief as she gripped her father's pants tightly with her tiny hands.

Frowning, Claude cast a disapproving glance at Felix, who smiled apologetically and nervously. Claude had hoped for an uninterrupted moment with Navier, especially since it had been so long since they last saw each other.

"What are you doing here?" Claude inquired nonchalantly, furrowing his brows, and Athanasia's beaming smile turned into a nervous smile.

"We were planning to have dinner outside, though we didn't know you would be here with Lady Navier, Your Majesty," Felix explained sheepishly, taking a step closer.

Athanasia's large, doe-like jewelled blue eyes then settled on Navier, who greeted the little princess with a kind smile.

"It's nice to see you again, Your Highness."