Chapter 9 - Death

LOST IN TIME FOUND IN LOVE

Moments, leave behind
Passing day, time slips away
Care, bitter and sweet

"THAT'S the building's least frequented floor among students."

"Bakit?" tanong ko nang nakatingin pa rin sa kanyang isinulat. If hardly anyone goes to this place, it would be a better fit for Kamila to make use of it as she pleases.

"Hindi lang student-centric, I don't know exactly."

Students in our time prefer libraries that are equipped with the latest gadgets and technologies to aid and enhance their learning, rather than traditional printed books.

"Kung ganoon... I need to make a quick dash to the main library before the detective gets there ahead of me." If this woman was able to crack the note easily, it wouldn't be surprising if the detective could do it too, especially if he's an alumni of the university and familiar with the school premises.

"What if they're just messing with the detectives? Paano kung trap lang 'yan?"

I find it great when she speaks to me like this, without the usual complaints or remarks about her lack of trust in me. Na-miss kong maki-engage sa mga taong may substance kausap, si Don Quomando lang ang kasi ang nakakausap ko nang matino sa timeline na 'to. It's a challenge for me to find like-minded people here who can click with me, and I hope that someday this woman will be able to vibe with me kahit na medyo imposibleng mangyari iyon dahil sa ugali niya.

"Here's my final perspective after reconsidering and piecing together all the information I have. Pwedeng ginagawa lang ito ni Kamila not to make her death look like a suicide at ikaw ang natipuhan niya for the scheme since she hates you."

"At mukhang gusto mo pang linisin ang pangalan ng LDV dito?" Naningkit ang kanyang mga mata.

"Hindi ko sinasabing walang parte ang Los Deja Vu rito, nahuli ko ang isa sa miyembro nila sa gabi ng pageant niyo kaya alam kong mayroong kinalaman ang organisasyon. The guy was wearing a phantom of the opera black mask, same thing used by the dude na muntik dumukot sa 'yo noon."

"They really played a dirty trick on me during the pageant night, involving Kamila, and I'm certain they orchestrated the murder to completely mess me up. But I still have this fear that if Kamila actually did that, it could be because they manipulated or coerced her in some way."

Hindi na ako umalma pa dahil mukhang tama siya. Tumayo na ako para maghugas ng pinggan dahil lintik, kahit iyon lang ay 'di niya kayang gawin. Hindi ko alam kung sadyang tamad lang siya, hindi marunong or she's just not up for doing something for my benefit.

"Starting tomorrow, ikaw na ang magluluto," paalala ko sa kanya.

"I'm not your servant," bira niya.

"The wine you finished was worth a fortune," pagdidiin ko nang makita kong ubos na ang laman ng mamahaling wine na tinitira niya kanina pa. "If you struggle with cooking, it's necessary to master the art of washing dishes and doing laundry."

Hindi 'yong umaasa siya sa mga makinarya ng bahay ko.

"Tapos ano? Uutusan mo akong ipaglaba ka? Excuse me lang? Hindi mo ako asawa!" pambabasag niya sa maayos na pakiusap ko. Padabog itong umupo sa couch dala ang notebook ko dahil hindi pa siya tapos magsulat doon. "Ugh, I need books too! Kasama 'to sa priority list na kukunin mo bukas, okay? Buy me a new ipad and download all the 500 titles I'm going to list here."

"Ano'ng 500 titles? Don't even think about writing an entire library of books there," babala ko sa kanya. "At requirement bang maging asawa ka para lang matuto kang makisama sa akin?"