Chapter 11 - Solved

LOST IN TIME FOUND IN LOVE

A/N: Laluvs, it's not my birthday pa... ba't kayo bumabati t,t but yup, birth month ko nga. Henlo sa mga July babies diyan ✧ Gayunpaman, mababaw naman kaligayahan ko kaya buong puso kong tinatanggap mga greetings niyo in advance. Thank you sm, xoxo! ♡

"IT'S BEEN a while since we discussed about the plan."

"Who would have thought? Kamila's boyfriend happens to be a member of Los Deja Vu," I finally told her. "Sila ang may pakana sa kaguluhan noong pageant night, sinadya nilang guluhin ang performance mo upang hindi ka manalo."

"How did I not consider this before?" mariing bulong nito sa sarili, gulat pa rin sa nalamang balita. "I've never noticed him with a tattoo before."

"He's got a tattoo hidden in his stomach, blending in with other designs to keep it low-key."

Sinabi ko ang lahat sa kanya. I narrated the story of how I bumped into Kamila's boyfriend at the library and recounted the steps I took to get him arrested. It started as a mere suspicion, but as the investigation unfolded, I uncovered the extent of the damage he had inflicted on her, which ultimately drove her to take her own life.

"Dalawa na sila sa kulungan," bulong niya.

Tiningnan ko siya nang makahulugan.

"Amora and Fidel... Kamila's boyfriend." There was an unmistakable intensity in her stare, as if she has plenty to communicate but was being cautious in her choice of words. "They're Los Deja Vu's members. Any scoop on Amora that I should know about?"

"Apart from the news of multiple lawsuits from the families of her previous patients or should I say victims, I haven't come across any other updates about her."

Kumuyom ang kanyang mga palad. "I need to have a conversation with her or maybe even Fidel before Los Deja Vu takes action to get rid of them."

"Hangga't ngayon ay hindi sila kumakanta. Their strong allegiance to Los Deja Vu has kept them tight-lipped about it all this time. Bakit kailangan mo pa rin silang kausapin?"

Matagal bago ito sumagot. "I... need to know why they're doing this to me, and I have to act quickly before the organization silences them permanently, possibly through lethal means."

Hindi na ako nagulat pa. Ano mang sindikato o illegal na grupo kahit sa aming panahon ay kamatayan lamang ang paraan kapag tumiwalag ang isang miyembro, it's within their rules to protect themselves and the organization.

"Hindi mo sila kilala. Amora and Fidel are carrying their marks now, the Los Deja Vu tattoo. I've seen other members before, to erase the mark sinusunog nila ang katawan ng mga miyembrong nakakatakas o nahuhuli ng kapulisan. Kung hindi buong sinusunog, they're peeling off the skin where the tattoo is."

Dealing with Los Deja Vu is like dealing with pure hell. It's the most treacherous syndicate gang I've encountered, and it's incredibly disheartening to witness their negative or burning rise in this timeline, especially considering how the organization was the complete opposite in our time.

"Aside from Amora and Fidel, who else have you had the chance to meet or get to know?"

"They're all dead." A sudden wave of fear swept across her eyes, and the tightness of her clenched fist indicated the depth of her emotions. "At first I didn't know they were members of Los Deja Vu, but I've seen similar tattoos from their bodies."

Bigla akong nakainteres. "Who are these people? Ilan pa sila?"

"There were two of them. I personally witnessed one of them meeting a tragic end engulfed in fire, while the other experienced a horrifying episode of having their skin peeled off along with their tattoo using a knife," salaysay niya.