Chapter 8 - Sapphire

LOST IN TIME FOUND IN LOVE

Danger, after us
With each other, run and fast
Protect, at all costs

WE BOTH made a run for it, leaving the beach behind. Out of nowhere, my car went up in flames before our very eyes, and we tumbled onto the road. She passed out, and as when I was losing hope, Don Quomando swooped in to rescue us just in time.

Hindi ako nakatulog magdamag pagkatapos ng insidente sa labis na pag-aalala at hindi ko alam kung bakit gano'n na lang. May kaunting galos ako at siya nama'y sa ulo pa talaga napuruhan kaya ito tuluyang nawalan ng malay at muntik pang maging alanganin ang kanyang kondisyon.

"H-hey, you're finally awake," may kaluwagan sa dibdib kong bungad nang sa wakas ay bumukas ang kanyang mga mata.

She didn't seem startled when she caught sight of me, but she blinked a lot and held her temple.

"You took a blow to the back of your head due to the car bombing, but you're out of danger now and under my protection," kalmadong paliwanag ko.

Her forehead wrinkled with uncertainty as she sat against the headboard, her eyebrows forming a perplexed frown. "W-who are you?"

Nalaglag ang aking panga sa gulat. Hindi niya ako maalala?

"Asawa ko?"

"Say that again?"

"Hailey Steinfeld? My love?"

Kung ano-ano na pinagsasabi niya.

"You don't remember me, do you? Hang on, can you even remember your own name and the last thing that happened before you lost your consciousness?" As I walked side by side, I pondered over what I might have overlooked while tending to her head injury.

"B-babe?" she quietly murmured in a hushed tone and then instinctively rubbed her face, showing signs of confusion. Seryoso siyang tumitig sa 'kin saka magtaas ng kilay. "I almost blanked on the fact na wala akong love life but I remember you."

Bumuntong-hininga ako. "Okay, what's my name?"

Her face turned serious again, and then a playful smirk curled up on the edges of her lips. "Santino Badi."

As soon as those words left her mouth, I rolled my eyes and a sense of relief washed over me. This woman was playing games, pretending to have amnesia, and I nearly got caught up in it.

"Knock it off with the amnesia charade, you sneaky rascal," singhal ko nang naiiling.

She eased into her bed, stretching out and getting comfortable. "Did I just take a major blow to the noggin or turn into a human pretzel? I'm totally numb and it feels like I'm out cold for ages!"

"You've basically been a sleeping machine. How about getting up and putting in some effort to show some appreciation to the owner of this house?" mataray kong sabi saka naupo sa aking single couch.

Nakanguso itong lumabas sa kwarto na akala mo ay batang paslit na ngayon lang natutong maglakad.

"Is this your place?" tanong niya habang naglilibot ang kanyang mga mata.

We're in a secret and special place. Hindi ko naman siya pwedeng dalhin sa mansyon dahil nangako ako kay Don Quomando na lulubayan ko na ang babaeng ito pagkatapos niya kaming tulungan. He also noted that Cash may have managed to survive the seven days, but it doesn't mean that death won't eventually catch up with her.

"Yes," sagot ko. "And you're gonna be hanging around here until we sort out your situation. Don't stress, I've got a personal lawyer in the loop and some folks on my team working on it as well."