Chapter 41 - Hardship

LOST IN TIME FOUND IN LOVE

Memories tattered
Bitter pill, heartstrings scattered
Promises shattered

(A/N: Here's your morning update, loveys, so you can start your day with a smile ✧)

ITO NA BA ang sensyales na aking hinihintay? Why is it this difficult? Eliza has just one favor to ask — to keep living, even when the odds seem against her. The chances for hope are dwindling within the ticking clock, with each passing moment her health declines. Sa kabila ng kanyang karamdaman, nagbuwis siya ng sakripisyo na hanapin ako, at ngayon, kasama ako ay nais niyang bumalik sa aming pinaggalingan. Handa na ba ako? Hindi ko iyon kayang ipagdamot sa kanya.

She's here on a mission to find me, now, I think it's my moment to do something for her too and be with her on the journey back home. It shouldn't be this complicated, should it? The challenge lies in the fact that doing so signifies leaving the precious life I've built with the woman who means the world to me right now.

"Is anything holding you down? Could it be because of her?" mahinhing usal ni Eliza sa akin.

Feeling afraid, I lowered my gaze, battling tears and refraining from uttering words that would burden her heart, which is heavy with emotions now.

"N-natatakot ako," imik ko at 'di na kinaya ng puso kong magpanggap na malakas sapagkat bumigay na ang boses ko. "She means a lot to me, and I really don't want to cause her any pain."

With a wistful smile, Eliza ran her fingers through my hair. "You know why no one remembers your dad here, apart from Don Quomando, right? Quomando is one of us. I mean, time travelers, when they head back to their own time, the memories they've left behind fade away, as if they were never there. That's why we leave subtle signs or clues of our existence behind. We both know that, right? The two of us took that risk."

I'm conscious of it, I've always been, Don Quomando has always conveyed this to me. Maybe this is the implication behind his words about me eventually hurting Cash, and being unable to alter it.

"Will the pain fade away for her over time?"

"Yes, she's going to completely wipe you from her memory, and that's the reality. If you choose to spend the time you have left making special moments with her, kailangan mo ring ihanda ang sarili mo sa iyong pag-alis." Eliza nodded her head a little. "If Cash loves you, maiintindihan ka niya... and she will set you free."

"Eliza..."

"Saint Visha, it's about time..."

Bakit ba ako nagkakaganito? Simula't sapol pa lamang alam ko nang dito naman talaga 'to patutungo ngunit noon buong akala ko kaya ko pang kontrolin ang nararamdaman ko para kay Cash. But because I like her too much, I played with fire, and now it's time to feel the heat.

"Kanina ka pa tahimik, hindi ako sanay," Cash remarked as we were cruising down the road heading back to Lawxuria.

My heavy conversation with Eliza has been occupying my head. I zoned out. I'm deeply concerned about her well being and can't shake off the worry. Binigyan na ng doktor ng taning ang kanyang buhay. I was so mad and hurt. Pakiramdam ko ultimo ang espesyal na namamagitan sa 'min ni Cash ay tinaningan na rin o nabigyan na rin ng ultimatum. Things are starting to fall apart in our relationship, and I'm not yet ready for anything to end yet.