Chapter 20 - Debut

LOST IN TIME FOUND IN LOVE

In moments of dark
Warm embrace, it means so much
Comfort, sweet refuge

THE SONG switched again, and at that point, she threw me back to Queena with a smirk. The music was upbeat, and she danced energetically in front of Duke, as if she was at a lively bar and attracting attention. I let out a frustrated groan and was about to leave, but Lady Danaia whispered something in a hushed tone right next to my ear.

Iyong tungkol sa personal niyang library ang kanyang tinutukoy. We've had conversations about it in the past while we were in school, and during one of those discussions, I mentioned my interest in seeing it. Now, she's kindly offered to give me a personal tour of her library.

"These are Isa's books right?"

I was like, seriously surprised when I walked into her library. Books everywhere, like a ton of them. But what blew my mind were these two huge shelves packed with Isadora Prestine's books and most were still all wrapped up in plastic.

"That's right, she's released two books, and I made sure to grab all these copies to show my support," pilit na sagot ni Lady Danaia.

"May gusto ka ba sa kanya?"

"What? No! She's my best friend, normal lang itong pagsuporta ko sa kanya." she responded defensively. "Just between us, please don't mention these books to her, okay? Let's keep it our little secret."

"It's funny, you remind me so much of Ava. At first, she'd play it cool and deny any interest in Eliza, but eventually, she'd come clean and confess that she actually likes her."

"Who are Ava and Eliza?"

"Mga kaibigan ko. They're just like you, seriously. They have this incredible understanding of who I am, almost like we have these brains on the same wavelengths," pahayag ko sa malungkot na tono dahil mukhang matagal pa bago kami magkikita-kita ulit nang kumpleto.

"Here," sabay bigay niya sa librong pag-aari na ni Cash na ipinahiram ko sa kanya.

"Bakit mo ibinabalik agad?"

"Narinig ko 'yong sinabi ni Cash kanina, kunin mo na lang para walang problema. Don't worry, bibilhin ko ang libro at babasahin ko pa rin naman and when I'm done, I'll still remember you."

"I'm sorry about that," hinging paumanhin ko. "If you have any burning questions about the book later, don't forget to ask me, alright?"

Lady Danaia and I had these amazing talks about our favorite authors and books, and her passion for science is a real knockout. We even geek out about our favorite scientists. It's awesome to have found that connection with her... she really gets me, you know? It's pretty cool. Nami-miss ko lalo si Avarina at ang mga kaibigan ko sa aming panahon.

"The Disappearance of Atheena Morgan?" I picked a book without any particular reason from her shelf. It looks like she has a thing for mystery books, documentaries, and cracking the mysteries within them.

"Have you ever heard the story of Atheena Morgan? She was a baby who mysteriously disappeared in 1995, leaving no traces behind, and her case remains unsolved even after all these years," kwento niya.

"How is it even possible? Wasn't there anyone suspected in the disappearance before?" I quickly flipped through the pages of the old book, feeling this irresistible urge to dive in and uncover the truth of what actually happened.