Chapter 15 - Bet

LOST IN TIME FOUND IN LOVE

Like star seek the light
Hearts entwined, fleeting moment
Taste of innocence

(A/N: Sending thoughts and prayers for everyone's safety. Let's all look out for one another and stay safe together! XOXO ♡)

EVERYTHING around me faded away as my body stiffened, my eyes widened, and my heart thumped like a drumbeat when her soft lips collided with mine. She grabbed my collar real tight, pushed me against the door with one hand, and our lips were stuck together like they were glued.

And right before I ran out of air, she backed off a little, her sensual eyes opening, and our foreheads touched, giving us a brief respite to catch our breath and compose ourselves. H-hinalikan niya ako...

"Is this what you were after? This kiss is way beyond a standard way of saying thank you... or do you need something extra?" She spoke in a sultry voice while gazing at my surprised face, her hands leisurely gliding down from my collar, inching their way down, down, and further down.

With her eyes filled with eternal seduction, she stared at my lips, and before I could succumb to the urge of tasting hers, loud and heavy knocks on the door abruptly interrupted the moment.

Itinulak niya ako sa tabi saka ito lumabas ng art studio na agad namang sinalubong ng kanyang mga babaeng bodyguards.

"Fuck me," bulong ko sa aking sarili, hindi pa rin kumakalma ang aking puso dahil sa paghalik ng bratinelang 'yon.

I haven't left the studio yet because I needed to settle my mind. I needed to relax, so I decided to take some time for myself and work on my art piece. I set up my materials and sat down in front of a blank canvas. Nakaimprinta na sa isip ko ang sketch na gusto ko. I held onto the paintbrush, trying to apply the first shade, but I couldn't help but groan because my hand was still shaking like crazy.

"Damn!"

Contemplating the unwarranted kiss stirred up intense emotions, but one thing is certain: she didn't get that all I meant was a simple thank you. Did she seriously believe that a kiss was all it would take for me to shut up? Hinalikan niya lang ako para yabangan, artehan at ipamukhang 'yon ang habol ko kahit hindi naman.

***

"I STILL can't over the fact that Cambridge's SciTell Discovery dismissed my application simply because I'm overqualified. Now we really need your friend to vouch for me using her connections. Han sido 7 meses agonizantes de espera! (It's been an agonizing 7 months of waiting!)"

Nasa loob ako ng playground ni Koda rito sa labas ng mansyon habang si Eliza ay nasa labas at pinapanood kami. It's a slow process for Koda to warm up to her. She needs time to tame him and get to the point where she can pet him. For now, she needs to keep her distance and can't engage in play with him yet.

"Even in our timeline, Cambridge University remains quite a complex institution. From what I've heard, they have some pretty strict policies. Iyon lang ang alam ko dahil sa Spain naman ako nag-aral ng kolehiyo," sagot ko rito.

I'm finding it really hard to let go of what Cash did last time. I absolutely hate it. Kung bakit kasi mas inuna ko pang pag-usapan ang personal na hinanakit ko sa kanya kaysa magpakumbaba't hingiin ang tulong niya.

Also, I thought it would be smart to talk through my problems with her and patch things up before approaching her for any favor.