Chapter 13 - Liechenstein

LOST IN TIME FOUND IN LOVE

Two souls, love's cruel game.
Forbidden, heart calls your name
Fleeting touch, dark flames

"E-ELIZA..."

Why in the name of all that's holy is she here?! Suddenly, my mind was bombarded with a flurry of questions that left me feeling completely drained. Could this actually be happening?

Lumiwanag ang kanyang mukha nang makita niya ako, tila ba inasahan na niyang magkikita kami sa mga oras na 'to.

"Saint! Te he echado mucho de menos! (I've missed you so much!)"

Without wasting a moment, she sprinted towards me and leaped into my arms, as if I was her lifeline. Witnessing her longing stirred up a flood of emotions, reminding me of everything in our timeline.

We lingered in that embrace for a while, and I closed my eyes, cherishing the feeling of her arms around me, needing that physical confirmation to ensure she's real.

"Parece que hay toda una historia esperando ser contada. (It looks like there's a whole story waiting to be told.) Seriously, how in the heck did you find your way here?" Hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala pero katulad ko ay isa rin siyang science enthusiast kaya hindi na rin imposible na nandito siya, ang tanong ngayon ay kung bakit.

May dugong espanyol si Elizabeth kaya ito ganito magsalita at nagkakaintindihan naman kami.

Hinigit niya ako paloob ng kanyang bahay. Noong una'y nag-hesitate pa ako dahil may kasama akong naghihintay pero nagpaalam naman ako at mas pinili niyang manatili sa labas.

"My family originally came from Liechtenstein, dapat alam mo na 'to. That's why my first stop in this timeline was here. I took a leap of faith and used your time machine without permission, but I promise Avarina was in on the plan and assisted me," she started to explain. "I've been constantly thinking about you, worrying and wondering if you were ever going to return. Natakot ako... na baka na-stuck ka rito at baka kailangan mo ng tulong and I'm here now."

Naguguluhan pa rin akong napaupo sa kanyang couch, pansamantalang hinihilot ang sentido ko. Let's say she went ahead and used the time machine without even bothering to ask for my consent, and maybe she's willing to go this far just for me. But seriously, why did we have to meet under these circumstances? I was hoping to come across an informant who could shed light on the truth about my dad's death.

She came and sat beside me, and in that moment, my heart sank as I witnessed tears welling up in her eyes, a clear reflection of her deep longing.

"Nagulat lang ako..." With a soft touch, I brushed away the tear on her cheek using my thumb, captivated by her rosy complexion and enduring angelic beauty. "I'm really glad you're here, going above and beyond to find me." It wasn't an easy road, she must have sacrificed so much to make this possible. "Thank you for giving me hope, Eliza."

I gotta say, running into someone from the same timeline I came from injected new life into me. It's like a ray of hope suddenly illuminated my path, fueling my motivation to continue with my missions here before finding a way back.

"H-how did all of this happen?" I shook my head, confused. "I mean, you're the one with all the inside info, right? Then how on earth is this even possible? Please, enlighten me before I completely lose it."

She grabbed my hand, giving a nod as she led me over to the digital clock and calendar in her room. "Sé que definitivamente vas a preguntar sobre esto. (I know you're definitely gonna ask about this.) Don Quomando had it right... I shared all the info you need to have."