Chapter 29 - Pills

LOST IN TIME FOUND IN LOVE

Eyes met, falling deep
Inferno burns, dance of hearts
Everything feels right

A/N: High five for pushing through September! I'm proud of you and grateful for all you do, laluvs ♡ xoxo.

"Ah, I meant..." I struggled to get my point across as the knocks on the door persisted and grew louder with each passing moment.

Cash made her way to the door and graciously held it open for Eliza. Sumunod ako at wala sanang balak magtago pero tinulak niya ako sa isang tabi. Sumilip lang ito sa pintuan dahil nga sa kanyang suot. "Oh, hi!"

Eliza spoke with a bright and cheerful voice. "Just got home and grabbed dinner for us. Gonna go find Saint in the Greenhouse para sabay na tayong kumain lahat."

Minsan sa ganitong oras ay nasa greenhouse talaga ako para i-check ang thermostat control at ventilation. It's not exactly a piece of cake to cultivate tulips here in the Philippines, but in cities like Baguio City, it's a different story. And making it happen here in Lawxuria would demand a great deal of effort and tweaking the natural weather patterns. Nakaktulong din ang aking kadalubsahan para mapangalagahan ang buong asyenda.

"G-get yourself ready and come down for the meal," 'di makatinging wika ko saka lumabas ng silid.

As soon as I stepped outside, I let out a huge sigh and headed straight to the greenhouse.

"Dónde has estado? (Where have you been?)"

"Galing ako sa loob mg bahay. I just came here para i-check 'yung timers ng irrigation control," totoong sagot ko. Kanina ko pa dapat ito ginawa pero mas inuna kong hanapin si Cash dahil akala ko ay nagkita na sila ni Don Quomando.

We were seriously caught up in talking about her SciTell updates when this water pump suddenly went nuts and sprayed water all over both of us.

"Damn, shit?!" I audibly gasped as Eliza started bawling, devastated that her phone had also fallen victim to the water spray.

"¡Madre mía! (My goodness!) Oh, Visha?! Akala ko you're done checking it na?"

Napasapo ako sa aking ulo. "I totally messed up the schedule, and now this hose is acting all funky. Nabuksan ko pa yata na hindi ko namamalayan. ¡Eso es de locos. (That's crazy.)"

I'm not kidding, apektado buong sistema ko dahil sa halik na 'yon. Mas malala ito kaysa sa reaksyon ko noong halikan niya ako sa Cambridge kasi ngayon, it's like we just left it up to the unspoken signals to call the shots, and everything went crazy from there. Damn, who knew a simple kiss could mess with my heart and my brain to function? Ano ba itong nangyayari sa 'kin?

"Kung hindi na 'to ginagamit, tell Manong Lucian to just get rid of it. You'll end up murdering your baby tulips." Eliza gently brushed away the water droplets on my forehead with her finger, and then locked eyes with me. "You're not wearing your eyepatch tonight."

"Gabi naman."

"But you'd choose eyepatch over contact lenses, wouldn't you?" I saw the worry in her eyes, and then she took hold of my arm. "I guess that's why you screwed up the water schedule. Kanina ka pa namumutla. Did something happen?"

"O-okay lang ako."

As we stepped into the mansion, we started climbing the stairs, and just as we did, Cash happened to be walking down. She had a mixture of surprise and curiosity on her face when she spotted us.