Chapter 30 - Dakovisa

LOST IN TIME FOUND IN LOVE

Playful dance of words
Secret lies, hidden meanings
Our clever disguise

"HOW did you come to know my full name?"

"At 'yan pa talaga una mong pinansin?"

"I listened in when you mentioned it."

"Saint Visha?"

"Hindi 'yan ang narinig ko kanina."

"I haven't used any other names for you! Bingi ka ba?"

"You're messing with me, aren't you?"

As her eyes bore into mine with an unwavering intensity, my heart raced uncontrollably. Then, in an intriguing twist, she extended a coin between us with her hand, performing a quick, skillful maneuver that made it disappear over her nimble fingers without a trace. Ginawa na niya ang magic trick na 'to sa Miss Archi-Queen's night noon sa entablado, mas nakakamangha pala kapag ganito siya kalapit dahil ang linis niya mag-execute.

"What's that for? Are you distracting me?"

"The point I'm getting at is that you can't trust everything you see, hear, or even feel. Maybe all these emotions I'm grappling with right now are just messing up my head and heart... perhaps I'm just completely mixed up and confused."

I've been low-key saying this the whole time. I was right. This woman may come across as a brat and immature at times, but there's more to her than meets the eye. She's deep, and once you realize it, she becomes even more intriguing... and attractive. May mga bagay at katangian na akala ko sa ibang babae ko lang nakita pero nasa kanya pa rin pala, she's got beautiful layers, and it's incredibly fascinating when you finally see it for yourself.

"What are you getting at?"

Catching my eye, she sighed heavily. "I said uto-uto ka."

"Talaga? Payakap nga ulit. Nang-uuto ka pala, eh," banat ko rito nang nagpipigil ng ngiti.

Dinadaan pa niya ako sa pa-magic cards niya, alam ko rin namang may laman lahat ng kanyang sinabi kahit ilang ulit pa niya sabihing nagbibiro lang siya o nang-uuto.

I take my time to evaluate and trust anyone before letting people into my personal space. Cash Viel Veneracion has been by my side for quite some time, and I've already learned about some of her lesser-known facets. She's a candid and direct woman, possessing a strong personality, but she, too, has her own weaknesses or fears. The last thing she wants is to feel embarrassed, she's a winner at heart and makes sure to dominate every situation, always having the upper hand.

"My jokes are all in good fun. When people flirt with me, I always prefer being seen as the ultimate choice. The things I mentioned earlier are my standard lines. Anyone interested in me should realize that I want exclusivity, just me and no one else."

Oh, I've got the gist of it.

Napaisip ako sa mga sinabi niya. Kung 'di lang ako isang time traveler at normal na mamamayan lamang sa panahong ito, siguro ay hindi ako nahihirapan ngayon. Ang sarap sigurong magmahal at maging malaya, walang takot sa kasiguraduhang panandalian lang ang lahat at may katapusan. I always know that this is going to end, but now that I'm actually here with this woman, it all seems too real.

"Akala ko type mo na ako after that kiss."

"Excuse me?!"

"Turn the tables on those guys trying to court you then. Pick the ones you think are a good fit for your standards para hindi ka linggo-linggong nang-re-reject ng lalaki."