Chapter 5 - Thief

LOST IN TIME FOUND IN LOVE

Echoes in the past
Nothing, is all that I can see
Memories don't last

"THAT'S impossible."

"I'm not as skilled an artist as you are, but I have a good memory for visual details. The image of the original painting has been etched in my mind, and upon seeing this counterfeit version, I could easily detect discrepancies with ease."

"Holy shit," Cash swore quietly as she looked at the fake painting, studying the photos she took with her phone saka nito ikinukumpara iyon sa nasa harapan niya.

"Did that make sense to you now?"

"I can hardly imagine it," umiiling niyang sambit.

"That's how the cookie crumbles. The painting we saw earlier was authentic, it's Gexy Pano's work, but when the lights went out, they pulled a fast one on us and switched out the painting with this fake one."

Napaisip ako saglit, saka nailing sa naging konklusyon ko sa mga pangyayari ngayong gabi. I delved deep into my thoughts and connected all the dots to come to a bigger realization. The reason for Amora's murder of the winning bidder probably has something to do with the painting. I glanced at the clock again and questioned how the art work could have been swapped with a forgery. Masyadong mabilis pero posible kung may sapat na man power.

"Amora Zamora is the thief." It's possible that there were other guests involved in her scheme, and she's not alone. Napatunayan na nga naming mayroon itong marka, so it's likely that Los Deja Vu planned all of this under her leadership, but she... failed?

"Where the hell have you been?!" may pagkabigla kong tanong kay Cash dahil kanina pa siya naglilibot dito sa hotel. Lahat na yata ng pintuan ay nabuksan na niya at walang ginagawa ang staff para pigilan siya dahil sa kanila pala ang Mi Vida Hotel.

"Hinahanap ko 'yong original painting. Is it possible that it's stashed here? Since Amora was caught, their plan must have backfired. There must be some evidence left behind!"

It seems like she's a die-hard fan of Gexy Pano, which is why she's acting this way, but she needs to back off and let the authorities handle the situation.

"Your statement is underestimating the capabilities of Los Deja Vu. The plan's ultimate aim was to get hold of the painting at any cost, regardless of whether Amora was caught. Bandang huli, it's a success for them kaya wala kanang mahahanap na nakatagong painting dito."

"I know what they're capable of, so let's refrain from mentioning their name casually as it could lead to disrespect or danger for you, Santino Badi!"

Naiiling kong pinulot ang kanyang heels. Nananadya na yata siya at nag-aala Cinderella. Hindi habang buhay may pakialam ako sa sapatos niya. Ginawa pa niya akong alalay.

"Why do you think they did it?" seryosong tanong ko sa kanya. "The murder of Wilbert Castro could be either a mistake or a ploy to distract attention. It seems like this whole scheme is centered on the painting, I wonder why."

"Money! The stunning masterpiece of Gexy Pano is valued at a staggering sum, and it's worth even more on the black market where elite collectors are willing to pay a lot of luxuries for it!"

"Matalino ka rin pala," kumento ko dahil hindi ko agad naisip iyon. Sa panahon kasi namin, Los Deja Vu is financially savvy, we've grown our resources through legal means because we believe that the more money we have, the more people we can help.