Chapter 22 - Speedway

LOST IN TIME FOUND IN LOVE

Touch, muscles unclench
Tender strokes, realm of comfort
Tension, spells so deep

VENTIAMORE Speedway.

Nakarating din kaming lahat na walang nagiging aberya. Kumplikado lang ang daan kahit tumila na ang ulan. Ang anim na oras ay naging pito. Sira ang plano na magra-rountrip kami kaya napilitan na akong magpalipas ng gabi sa kampo ng Zpeed Vipers. The entire ZV members booked rooms at the Ventiamore Hotel, but since there was limited availability, all girls decided to stay together in a single suite.

"I've made it back home, but seriously, where in the world are you hiding?"

"Hindi ako nagtatago," natatawang sagot ko kay Eliza via video call habang nakadapa rito sa aking sariling kama.

"Make sure to make your way back home tomorrow, no matter where you're chilling right now. Kailangan nating mag-usap tungkol sa lab at... Hash."

Naging seryoso ang mukha ko nang banggitin niya ang pangalan ng matandang doktor. Ano na naman bang pinasok ng kaibigan kong 'to?

All at once, I felt this pressure to know what Cash's gonna do about helping me with the SciTell Discoveries. I guess I should ask her ASAP, before I get home and talk to Eliza. Ang hirap magtiwala sa mga tao in this timeline, kahit magawang kumbinsihin ni Eliza si Hash na tulungan kami ay walang kasiguraduhan kung mapagkakatiwalaan siya.

It seems like Cash would be the right person to help us with this. We haven't known each other for very long, but there's a level of trust I feel towards her.

"See you soon, I miss you!" huling paalam ni Eliza na sinabayan pa niya ng nakakaaliw na halik sa screen.

"Si Lady Danaia ba 'yan?" usisa ni Isadora.

I've only just come to the realization that I'm not alone in this suite. Isadora and Cash are here with me, and Cash is currently engrossed in the mirror, perfecting her makeup.

"It's my friend, she's back in town after her trip to Liechtenstein," mahinang sagot ko sa tanong ni Isadora.

"She was probably counting on you showing up there, but I brought you along with us instead."

"Unfortunately," sagot ko lamang.

Sabay kaming napalingon kay Cash na nang mahulog nito ang box set ng kanyang make up, tumalsik tuloy sa paanan ko 'yong isang pulang lipstick niya. I uncapped the lipstick and took a whiff-it had this sweet strawberry scent, reminding me of how her lips taste. I shook my head in disbelief as I remembered everything that happened in the Art Studio, all triggered by a simple lipstick.

"Looking for this?" I asked her with a serious tone as I rolled out of bed and glanced at her. Being right next to each other in our beds gave me the opportunity to closely watch her. Nakaupo lang ito sa gilid ng kanyang kama, malapit lang sa akin. She was digging through her pouch, probably searching for the lipstick she was looking to use. Nang makita niyang hawak ko 'yon, hinablot niya ito sa 'kin.

She delicately swiped the lipstick over her lips, then gave them a gentle smack to blend it in evenly. She wore a black, long-sleeved top with a V-shaped neckline that showed off her toned stomach, along with a fitted skirt.

"Your lipstick looks great on you. Would it be alright if I tested it out?" bulong ko nang nakatitig sa dulo ng skirt niya. Iyong lipstick ang tinutukoy ko, hindi ang kanyang damit na suot. I stretched out my hand, asking if she could pass the lipstick to me.

"Did it do the trick when you used the same flirty line on Lady Danaia?" She readjusted herself in her bed, unintentionally causing her skirt to ride up and expose more of her fair skin.