Chapter 17 - Canvas

LOST IN TIME FOUND IN LOVE

Skies to oceans blue
Masterpiece of life, world's show
Dreams meet, every hue

"SHE asked Santino Badi to watch out for me because I'm in some kind of danger, but when I mentioned about the woman na ginamot niya sa warehouse, she outright warned me to stay away from her... from you. I'm starting to think that she's implying you could be the enemy she's referring to." Her words carried a strong tone, and her eyes meticulously studied my reaction, never wavering from our eye contact, even as she savored her enticing wine.

"That's... absurd." Kahit ako mismo ay nagugulat sa naririnig.

"It's weird, and when I asked her why she didn't say much, she had this confused, worried, and scared expression on her face." Ngayon ay nakatitig naman ito sa kanyang wine glass. Nilalaro ng mga daliri niya ang base no'n, tila naging malalim ang iniisip. "It's crazy, but the one enemy that's been a thorn in my side my entire life is none other than Los Deja Vu, and the only logical connection I can think of for her warning about you is your tattoo."

"Not this again, repeating the same old story. Still insisting that I'm the boss of that organization dahil sa markang mayroon ako? I've seriously had enough of hearing that."

"Trusting you has always been something I've wanted to do, but that tattoo on your back and your inability to provide a convincing reason for having it makes it really challenging for me," seryoso niyang pag-amin.

Hanggang ngayon ay ito pa rin pala talaga. Siguro kung wala ang markang ito o hindi niya nakita agad ay may posibilidad na maging kaibigan ko siya at hindi siya ganito kahirap pagkatiwalaan ako.

"Back when you were staying with me in Casa Grande, did you never feel safe during those days we spent together? Ngayon mismo, may mga intrusive thoughts ka ba na kaya pa rin kitang saktan o patayin?"

If I can't be honest with her about being from the future and there's no chance she'll believe me, the only way to establish my innocence is by making her feel safe around me.

"Sometimes I'm almost there, feeling it, and other times, it's just tough to brush off na baka nga you're the boss at nagpapanggap ka lang."

"I'm not the boss..." in her timeline.

"I was sort of anticipating you to say that you'd speak to Amora and dig out the truth," biglang sabi niya saka ito tumayo. "Consider this for a moment... what if I'm right? What if you're the boss, but you're completely unaware of it because of some memory loss or amnesia?"

That's seriously messed up to even entertain as a possibility.

"Look, if you're up for entertaining impossible scenarios, what if you're actually wrong? What if I'm not really from this time, but a time traveler na galing sa future who's stranded, lost and has no clue how to return, which is why I'm stuck here, wrongly accused of leading an organization that kills people?"

Minsan parang naiiyak na 'ko sa kagustuhang maniwala siya sa 'kin, tipong ginagawa ko na ang lahat pero hirap na hirap pa rin akong ipasok sa kokote niya ang totoo.

"I'm a scientist and went all mad back in 2159, I built my own time travel machine. The goal? Hunt down my father who had been missing for six years. And when I thought everything was ready, I activated the machine, it didn't quite work the way I intended. It plopped me down in this era. No clue why. I'm stuck here like a total ghost or lost soul, feeling miserable and broken because my time-travel plans didn't quite go according to plan."

I really should've been more patient and put more work into my device. Walang mission plan. If I had, I could've had the power to choose exactly where I wanted to go in the past or future. Lintik na time machine 'yan, dinala ako sa taon kung kailan patay na ang tatay ko tapos ngayon hindi na ako makabalik.