Chapter 27 - Companionship

LOST IN TIME FOUND IN LOVE

Testament to love
Unspoken words, feelings grow
Hid what can't be shown

(A/N: SEPTEMBER is National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month. This serves as a VITAL REMINDER that our mental health is equally important as our physical health. For those who fought so hard to be here, I am so proud of you. Nakaya na natin, ilaban na natin 'to hanggang sa dulo, paroroon din tayo ♡ Amidst our chaotic lives... I hope we all can take a moment for open discussions and to ponder our general well-being. Reach out to friends, family, and don't hesitate to seek professional help if needed. There's a vast community of resources, experts, and people who are always willing to help. Hindi kayo nag-iisa. It will get better soon, and we will get better. Please prioritize self-care... kindness, and compassion, for ourselves and for others too. XOXO.)

"WHAT'S THAT?"

"These clothes are right up your alley, perfect for your style. Kanina ko lang binili at ngayon ko lang naalalang ibigay." Inilapag ko ang paper bags sa kanyang table. I'd feel more comfortable giving her the massage she wants if she's wearing the appropriate clothes. "Check it out."

She threw herself onto the bed. "Tomorrow na lang, I'm starting to get sleepy."

"Akala ko kailangan mo ng hand massage para makatulog? Inaantok ka na pala."

"Ugh, I'm too lazy to bother with it kasi not sleepy," she hummed softly pero pikit na ang kanyang mga mata. With its sleepy and husky quality, her voice became all the more adorable as she curled up on her bed like a baby.

"Lazy, I see," usal ko.

Nakatayo lang ako rito sa gilid, hinihintay siyang ipagtanggol ang kanyang sarili dahil sa defensive niyang pag-uugali pero hindi na ito nagsalita pa. Iyon pala ay tulog na. I gently tapped her watch strap and checked her pulse rate. It's all calm and collected, clearly indicating she's deep in sleep.

This morning, I fed and played with Koda, and then I decided to leave really early to buy a gift for Eliza because it's her birthday today. Ilang beses ko ring pinag-isipan ang pag-celebrate, dahil pareho naman kaming time travelers kaya parang ang weird lang but whatever, I don't want to treat this day like any other. Eliza's been doing an amazing job, and I want to do something special to show her how much I appreciate her and how grateful I am to have her by my side.

"Holy moly!" gulat kong singhal nang makita ko ang imahe ni Cash sa repleksyon ng aking rearview mirror.

She rolled her eyes and playfully nibbled on her lower lip. "Surprise? Tss."

As I gazed at her, her hair still damp, she was actually wearing one of the outfits I got her. "I don't remember ordering a surprise passenger."

I picked up this dress that's completely not her thing from all the ones I bought, nagugulat ako ngayon dahil ito pa ang una niyang isinuot. Nagmukha tuloy siyang mahinhin. Para siyang anghel sa films na napapanood ko dahil sa suot niyang simple at puting bestida.

"The kitchen is out of supplies. I knew you were going out today, and I'd like to come along for the ride." It's phrased in a way that you just can't say no to.

"Hindi ka pwedeng lumabas nang ganyan, makikilala ka pa rin ng mga tao at naghahanap sa 'yo."

"That's the reason I went for this dress you bought me, even though it's not my typical style, and surprisingly, I ended up looking like Virgin Mary."

Napasapo ako sa aking noo nang sadyain pa niyang gawing tunog-mahinhin ang kanyang boses saka pabebeng nagpakurap-kurap. I was close to cringing, but her long lashes save the day and gotta give her that, she always ends up looking immaculate kahit ano namang gawin niya. Her voice has always been elegant and feminine, but sometimes her playful side comes out and she sounds a bit like a sassy brat.