Chapter 25 - Lawxuria

LOST IN TIME, FOUND IN LOVE

Your name, heart's sweet song
Haven of love, in your arms
I truly belong

(A/N: It's September fifth na pala 🌟 May this month make up for what August missed. Sending you my best, loveys! ♡)

"CASH!"

Kahit umaambon na ay 'di alintana akong dumausdos palabas para sa kanya. Hindi malakas ang ulan ngunit kumukulog ang langit na nakakadagdag sa kanyang pagkasindak.

The moment she realized it was me, she sprinted towards me like lightning and she immediately wrapped her arms around my neck in a tight hug. Her hands were trembling, and she began to stifle her sobs as tears streamed down her face.

"It's all good now, you're safe with me. I'm here for you." Kahit ang sariling boses ko ay nanginginig na sa pag-aalala't pangamba. Gusto ko siyang tanungin pero baka mabigla lang siya kaya naman mas inuna ko muna siyang patahanin sa loob ng aking sasakyan.

I drove the car to a more suitable spot, with streetlights illuminating the area and a nearby convenience store, just in case she needed something.

Tulala pa rin siya pero tapos na siyang umiyak nang tangkain ko itong kausapin. "Pwede na ba nating pag-usapan kung ano'ng nangyari sa 'yo? Sabihin mo sa 'kin kung ano'ng nangyari upang malaman ko kung paano kita matutulungan."

"Alam na ni Dad ang tungkol sa Los Deja Vu. It took some time, but he's finally bought into it," mahina niyang sagot.

"Paano? At itong nangyari sa 'yo ngayong gabi, bakit ka tumatakbo? Sino'ng naghahabol sa 'yo?"

Nabasa ko kanina sa GPS locator na nasa border na pala ako ng Veneracion Subdivision, tingin ko ay tumakbo siya mula sa kanilang bahay dahil na rin sa kasuotan niyang pantulog.

"It's a bit uncertain, but maybe he finally got his hands on a competent private investigator."

"Tumakas ka ba?"

She gave a nod and brushed away a tear from her face. "When my dad found out all the details, ipinakulong niya ako. He wanted me to give up my studies at Cambridge, marry Thanos Nikolai and move back to England with him for good. Like ew, right?"

"Is that his freaking answer to keep you out of harm's way from Los Deja Vu?" Nakakagalit lang dahil mukhang 'di pa sa Los Deja Vu mapapahamak si Cash kundi sa kanyang sariling ama na hindi marunong gumawa ng desisyon.

"It's his version of keeping me safe. He kind of used my situation with Los Deja Vu to get me to comply with his wishes from the start. He promised to handle everything as long as I follow his orders," paliwanag niya.

Tears were streaming down her face and I could sense the turmoil she's going through. Being a daddy's girl myself, it's shattering to hear this from her. Nakakaya itong gawin ng isang ama sa kanyang anak? It's unbelievable that there are fathers out there like hers.

"That's why you made a run for it. So, where are you off to now?"

She glanced up at me, and in that moment, I already understood what she was asking of me. "I don't have a place to go. I don't want to return there. I'm not his puppet or soldier who will blindly obey his commands. I've got my own life and dreams, and I want to be the one calling the shots."

"B-baka may ibang paraan pa, at pwede mo pang mabago ang isip ng tatay mo. I can drop you off at your place, alright? Give talking to your parents another chance." Inandar ko ang sasakyan at muling tumungo kung saan kami nanggaling.

"I'm telling you, my dad is a nightmare. If I let him in, he'll single-handedly wreck everything I have. Marrying a man I don't love? That's not happening. I'm not that stupid, seriously."