Chapter 18 - Grave

LOST IN TIME FOUND IN LOVE

Her touch, guiding light
Stranded and weak, broken heart
Unite, bridge the gap

(A/N: Happy August 1st!✨ I'm grateful to have you all around, you made my July much better. Hoping August treats you all with love and happiness, and may the goodness stay with y'all forever ♡)

"AYAN! Saan ka nakakita ng ligaw na babae sa gitna ng kalsada tapos tinulungan ng isang Cash Viel Veneracion? No doubt about it, that's just me!" maarteng sabi niya sabay pahid ng alcohol sa kanyang kamay na akala mo naman nahawaan ng virus.

It's just her and no one else. Bakit? May kapangalan pa ba siya?

"Was it necessary to say that?" pukol ko, naiinis pa rin sa sarili dahil napapasok niya ako sa kanyang sasakyan. Dapat nagmatigas ako at sa taxi na lang sumakay, 'di sa mga bulletproofed niyang sasakyan pero luma naman.

"I'll cover the costs of the car's damages for now, and I'll include it in the total you owe me." She flashed a victorious smirk, clearly pleased with herself. "Alam kong mayaman ka pero nacha-challenge akong ibaon ka sa utang."

"Para ano? Mayakap mo ako sa leeg? Nice try, but I'm not one to be leashed or controlled."

My words knocked the words right out of her mouth.

"I meant every word when I said I would sue you for what you did. I handled your case and resolved the issue without any help from you or your family, and I have the means to bring you back into the situation again kung gugustuhin ko. You have no idea what I'm capable of, woman," nagpipigil kong usal sa kanya.

Narinig ni Lis ang sinabi ko kaya ito nagpreno pabigla, mabuti na lang at pareho kaming naka-seatbelt. Siya ang nagda-drive ngayon, kaya parehong nasa backseat kami ng babaeng kanina pa sinisira ang gabi ko.

"Pardon me for jumping in, but as your personal guard, I'm wondering what that lady was going on about, ma'am?" tanong niya nang nakatingin sa rearview mirror.

A small smirk tugged at the corner of my mouth as I realized this guard was completely unaware of the truth about what happened to their boss.

"Relax, Lis. It's nothing important. Just keep driving," sagot ni Cash, tila hindi mapakali.

"What I'm trying to say is if your boss genuinely wants to help me and take me home, you should step out of this car and let her drive, or else we might have a court date," walang preno kong saad.

My statement completely caught Cash off guard. "Lis, don't listen to her."

"Tell her to step out of the car, or I'll spill everything your dad doesn't know about."

She gave me a piercing glare, suppressing the urge to say anything. I noticed Lis tightly gripping her gun from the corner of my eye, and eventually Cash gestured for her to leave. Sa reaksyon niyang 'yan ay kumpirmado nga, wala pang alam ang tatay niya tungkol sa Los Deja Vu.

"Pero, Ma'am-"

"Lis, for fuck's sake, just go out and do as I fucking say!" she growled and commanded Lis to get out of the car, and she wasted no time joining the other guards in the car tailing us.