🕸️The Paranormal

10th May, 2004.

A few months had passed, not a lot of things have changed so far. Though Luke got the chance to play with me and the band at an event, it was quite fun. I even got closer to him, I really like him. I've had so much fun with him around, and even though I've only known him for four months, it still feels like I've known him forever. Since his birthday is in nine days, I've been taking care of some tulips myself for a while now. I remembered when he told me he always wanted tulips, so I planted a few, and I've taken extra good care of them. I decided it would be a good birthday gift. He was turning 23 this year, I'll already be turning 24 in October.

Now, there were a few bad things too. My night terrors have been active again, I can't sleep in peace without the fear of whatever the hell is controlling my body at night trying to kill me. I haven't had a good night's rest this entire week. I wanted to figure out what the hell was going on with me, I already figured out I had 9 lives. That was surprisingly a really easy search on Google. After something took over my body one night, it threw me into a river and I drowned. Once I woke up, I had a strange carving with the number 8 on my arm. So, everytime I die, I get the number of how many lives I have left on my arm. It disappears shortly after.

I've been doing research on my own DNA in one of the labs in the facility. Hoping to find something, anything at least. Though, it's been difficult to do so, it takes a lot of time and I'm still waiting for proper results. As I continued writing down some notes on my current research, someone knocked on the door. "Come in."
"Hi Zander, I hope I'm not disrupting." It was Lia, the secretary of the facility. I turned around, "It's alright, what's up?" I asked as I looked up at her from my chair. "There's something for you at the front desk." I raised a brow, I didn't remember ordering anything..
I stood up and eventually followed her downstairs to the front desk.

We went to the front desk and I immediately saw a huge and expensive looking bouquet. Lia handed me the bouquet and I looked at it for a while, it had purple lillies, and white ghost flowers, my favorite ones..
I tried to look for a tag or a card in order to find out who this was from. But there wasn't anything. There was just a neat card with fancy handwriting in purple that said: 'For Zander.' "Huh.." I quietly said as I stared at the bouquet in my hands in confusion.

---------------------------------------------------------

I walked downstairs, I had my lunch break right now. I was expecting to meet Zander outside as usual but as I was passing by the hallway I saw him at the front desk. "Hey," I said as I came up to him. "Hey.." he greeted back. He was holding a bouquet of flowers. "What's that?" I asked as I curiously looked at the flowers. "No idea, someone sent this to me.." he answered quite dazed. "The delivery boy left them here this morning, apparently they're from an annonymous person." Lia explained as she readded her lipgloss while looking at her small mirror/brush. "Who on earth could these be from?" Zander questioned as he continued to ponder. "Maybe they're from a secret admirer.." Lia teased with a smile as she twirled a strand in her hair. "Secret admirer..?" He repeated quietly as he stared at the flowers.

I didn't like the idea of a secret admirer, in fact, I actually wanted to buy him flowers, for totally platonic reasons. But I guess, someone already beat me to it. I shot a rather jealous glare at the flowers.
"No, that's highly impossible. I already have one person in mind though." He said as he lifted his head and looked up at me and Lia. "However, I guess I'll take the flowers. They're nice, I won't let them go to waste. Thanks again Lia." He said, Lia smiled at him. He sighed as he picked up the huge bouquet, "Luke, come with me." He requested, I followed. "So, who do you think the secret admirer is?" I asked, in full honesty I kind of didn't want to know the answer. I wanted to be protective in this moment, I wasn't ready to give Zander up just yet. He's a good, cherished friend of mine. And..it's my duty to make sure he's safe and okay, secret admirers can be dangerous sometimes.