🌷Cherishing You

(Let's pretend the picture on the cover says 23, not 19 ❤️❤️)

19th May, 2004.

I opened my eyes and was immediately greeted with a ray of sunshine coming from my window. I slowly sat up, rubbing my eyes in order to properly wake up. I looked at my digital clock on the bedside table, it was 09:12AM. Looks like I overslept, I usually wake up at 7 or 8. However, today is going to be exciting. It's going to be my day, my special day. I got up from my bed and checked my cellphone, I had a few messages wishing me a happy birthday. It felt nice to wake up to such positivity already. However, one message caught my eye. It was pretty long and it was from Zander.

|Zander ♡

Happy birthday Luke. I can't even begin to explain just how happy I am that I met you, you're the kindest, sweetest and funniest person I've ever met. Today is your special day, and I'll make sure no one ruins it for you. I can't wait to share my gift with you and celebrate with you and the band tonight. You've brought a light into my life that I never knew I could ever see, you changed my perspective on so many things into a more positive one. And I'm so grateful for you, I hope to only see you smiling today. I promise I'll make you smile, loser. ✓ Today, 09:00AM.

I smiled down at my cellphone as I read the message, that was so sweet of him. I blushed as I realized that probably made me special, it was really rare for him to write a paragraph to someone just for their birthday. Now, I won't be able to contain my excitement for the rest of the day. I sent him a quick 'thank uuu!!' with some hearts. I was surprised at the fact he was awake so early. I decided to make him in charge of everything for my birthday, but it doesn't start until 4PM. So why would he wake up so early?

I made my way into my kitchen and made myself some coffee as I watched the busy streets filled with cars from the window. I thought back to that unknown person that reached out to me on Myspace, I messaged them back two days ago and I eventually found out they were a relative from one of the people that passed away from those mysterious suicides. They also happened to work at the facility too, I believe they're a scientist. Apparently, this person was the cousin of Marilyn Davis. She told me her name was Maya Scott, I feel like I've heard about her from around the facility but I wasn't too sure.

 She told me her name was Maya Scott, I feel like I've heard about her from around the facility but I wasn't too sure

I'm gonna see her this Wednesday, we're going to discuss everything we know about this situation so far. And ways we could figure it out and put an end to it. There was one thing that worried me about today. My parents, that's right. They're arriving in New York today. Speak of the devil, they're calling right now.

"Witam, Łukasz!" (Hello, Luke!) It was my mom.
"Cześć mamo." (Hello mom.)
"Wszystkiego najlepszego kochanie!" (Happy birthday sweetie!) She enthusiastically said.
"Dziękuję." (Thank you.) I smiled. Did she even really mean it?
"Ja i twój ojciec jesteśmy teraz na lotnisku, najpierw zobaczymy się z Veronicą, a potem zatrzymamy się u ciebie." (Me and your father are at the airport now, we'll see Veronica first and then we'll drop by to see you.) Of course, Veronica matters the most to them. Why am I even bothering?
"Jaki był lot?" (How was the flight?) I asked, eagerly changing the topic.
"Niesamowity! Dostaliśmy bilety pierwszej klasy, a przekąski były pyszne." (Amazing! We got first class tickets and the snacks were delicious.)
"Dobrze to słyszeć. A teraz, jeśli nie masz nic przeciwko, mam coś do zrobienia. Zadzwoń do mnie, kiedy tu dotrzesz." (That's good to hear. Now, if you don't mind I've got some work to do. Call me when you get here.)
"Okay, do widzenia!" (Okay, bye!)