👁️ A Disturbing Sight to see

Quick disclaimer, there will be some gory descriptions/details in this chapter so please make sure to read with caution.

2nd June, 2004.

I got out of work with Luke a bit earlier today, Drew called us and told us to show up at a crime scene that happened in one of the parks nearby. It was most likely a zombie brain case. Luke was examining the body along with a few other investigators, it was a young man, presumably in his 20s.

[Slightly gory description, feel free to skip this part if you'd like!]

He had hung himself on one of the trees in this park, it was quite gnarly to look at it, as his insides were also open to view. He also had a lot of injuries, including some on his neck, his face, his wrists, and his legs. Most places were cut open.

[Gory part ends here]

It was quite disturbing how this was so open to the people walking by in the park, let alone the children running around. I hoped none of them witnessed this. I still haven't quite spoken to Drew about that book I found, and about the possibility of most of the victims having PVS. I talked to another detective that day when I found it, Drew wasn't there. I'm pretty sure that the detective's name was Liam.

I had a small notepad with me in which I took notes on the crime scene, and tried to come up with something logical. The man had multiple injuries which could've led him to die immediately, there's a high chance he had PVS, he probably had to kill himself over and over again until he was really dead for good. I wouldn't even want to imagine that, I just hoped he didn't feel any pain or wasn't exactly conscious when he did this, like my case for example. When I died for the first time, I didn't feel any pain, I didn't even realize I was drowning back then. I sighed as I went over my notes and continued scribbling over certain things which started to confuse me. I should probably talk to Luke and Drew about this first before jumping to conclusions. I took one step forward and suddenly heard small footsteps behind me, and rustling in the bushes.

I turned around and as I guessed, the rustling noise came from the bushes. The footsteps sounded small and quiet, kind of like an animal. I expected to probably see a racoon, the usual. I walked forward and looked around, I couldn't really see anything. Just then a small boy rose up from the bushes, I took one step back, he caught me quite off guard. "Mom?" He exclaimed with a bright smile. I looked at him confused, "Uh..no, not really." I replied. He frowned. He had short light pink hair, his skin was tanned, a white t-shirt with a red car on it, and brown shorts which reached his knees, and he had black eyes. I put my hands on my knees in an attempt to reach his height. "What are you doing here?" I softly spoke, he looked around then back up at me. "I can't find my mom. We were playing hide and seek in the park and I think I ran away too far.." he frowned. I crouched down in front of him and brushed the leaves away from his hair, "Why did you hide in the bushes? You could've gotten scratched by the thorns." I said quietly as I took out a tissue from my bag and gently wiped the dirt off of his cheek.

"I..thought it would be a genius idea..and I heard a lot of people talking here so I wanted to see." He said sadly, I sighed. "It's alright. Just don't look behind me, you really don't wanna see that." I said, he nodded. I knew I couldn't just leave him completely helpless here, I did have a soft spot for animals and children after all. "I'll help you find your mom. But first, how about I know your name?" I said with a smile, "It's..Xavier." he said, "That's a really cool name! My name's Zander. See? We have similar names." I chuckled, his face instantly lit up and he smiled. "Let's get you out of that bush first." I said as I reached out my hand, helping him get out. He stood there and carefully cleaned off any dirt that was on his t-shirt. I took out my cellphone, "Just give me a second." I said to him with a smile. I called Luke, I wanted to make sure he and the others knew I was going to be gone for a little while.