📼Inauthentic Minds

7th June, 2004.

After a long meeting with Drew and the other detectives on his team I decided it would be a good idea to go outside just to get some fresh air. I opened the door and exited the building, I then turned my head to notice an open gate to a big garden. Huh, how come I've never noticed this before? I smiled after realizing that no one else was there, I could even hear a fountain in the distance. I gladly started walking over to the garden, I went through the gate and immediately noticed all the beautiful greenery. All the trees, flowers, plants, benches, and the fountain in the middle. I continued to walk down the stone path, I turned around the corner and realized it had started to rain. Shit, I didn't have an umbrella with me.

I walked forward and looked up, suddenly something caught my eye. It was a pretty tall statue, the platform it was standing on making it even taller. The statue was a man, he was wearing a suit with a tie. He was also holding something up with his arm, it looked like a sword..? No, actually it looked like a katana. I walked up closer to the statue, only to realize it looked very..very familiar. Isn't that Zander..!? Every detail of his hair was accurate too, the way his eyes narrowed, his lips, his face shape in general, his body shape too. Everything was on point. How is this even possible..? I squinted my eyes, attempting to get a better look. It really was him. He had a concentrated and stern look on his face looking straight forward, I felt his eyes on me and it only made me nervous. I heard a peculiar sound, I then noticed a black crow land on the statue's shoulder. Now I was starting to get worried, crows and ravens are usually a sign of bad luck or that something bad is about to happen.

I looked down, attempting to find out something about this statue like for example, a name or anything on the platform. Though, there was nothing. It was empty, this confused me. Was this some kind of dream? Maybe a vision? I looked back up again, this time I noticed something different. There was a drop of some kind of red liquid on the statue's face, just below the eye. I was really hoping that wasn't blood, but from the smell and the looks of it, it was most likely blood. Before I knew it, another drop of blood fell down onto his face. Suddenly, something huge fell from the tree behind the statue, causing the crow that was on the statue's shoulder to fly away. I glanced over and was quickly met with a body. What the fuck is going on. I got a little closer, my eyes widened as I realized it was Ethan. Shit. I then quickly stepped back and realized, now something was on the platform. "The Unlucky Truth" I stared at the title with wide eyes, what could this even mean!? I turned around almost immediately and instantly began running, I had to get out of this garden as soon as possible.

|23:46PM

Today was simply a blur, I was so distraught and confused. I wanted to talk to Zander about this, but given the fact he's arriving tomorrow because of different time zones I had to wait a long time. I was right in front of his door, I took out his keys from my pocket and unlocked the door as I walked in, shortly closing it behind me. I was always so comforted by this place, it was nice to know I could stay here for two weeks. I'll be honest, I always liked his place more. It was so fancy and nice, and always clean. It was strange to come home to utter silence, when Zander stayed with me for those three days after the guitar incident, I got used to it. I was used to usually hearing the sound of him cooking in my kitchen, watching something on the TV, or listening to music on my cassette player. After he decided he could go back home, it felt very strange to not see him when I walked into my apartment. It felt strange not to drive home with him.

After he left, I noticed my bed was much colder. I was so used to waking up and seeing him peacefully asleep next to me, the warmth and the comfort. I always had the best sleep whenever he was either sleeping next to me, or if I was sleeping on his chest. Now that I really think about it, I don't think many close friends really do that. I mean, we've made out before, we've slept in the same bed many times, it was like we were friends with benefits or something. I felt myself frown, I didn't want to be that. I wanted to be more than that, I wanted to be his everything.