🫀Love is in our Hearts

28th May, 2004.

(I recommend playing this song ⬆️ when you get to the concert part<3)

|08:45AM

I looked around the entire airport as I anxiously fiddled with my flight ticket. I tightly held onto my bag, Luke was right next to me. "Is everything okay?" He asked as he noticed the worried expression on my face. Today was the day of the concert, we were going to fly to Washington in an hour. "Yeah, I'm just quite nervous. And I don't like how crowded the airport is." I complained. He nodded and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry about it. We're gonna have a blast." He smiled. I instantly felt more at ease, seeing his comforting smile made me feel much better. "Yeah, you're right." I smiled back. "And besides, we'll be away from all the huge crowds in first class." He chuckled. "Oh, that's the best part." I laughed, joining him.

"Ughh...I should've listened to you. I'm so hungry I should've eaten something before we left." He complained as he slouched in his seat. "I told you so." I smirked as I rummaged through my bag and got out a potato salad with dressing in a plastic container, along with a plastic fork. I made it just this morning, I knew he wouldn't last long. "Eat it before our plane arrives, they won't let us bring food onboard." I said as I passed him the container. His eyes lit up and he happily took it. "Thank you! How did you know I was gonna be..hungry?" He asked as he opened the lid from the container and already took a bite. "I knew you weren't going to survive with a single strawberry yogurt since 6AM." I chuckled. I took out another plastic fork, "Now come on, share, you selfish bastard." I joked as I got closer to him. "Shit..I need a napkin." He complained. I rummaged through my bag again and handed him one. "Jesus Christ, you really have everything." He laughed.

|09:00AM

We sat down next to each other, we had a nice table in front of our seats. It was pretty quiet for the most part, there weren't many people here. One of the flight attendants offered us some snacks which we gladly accepted. "I'm so excited! I can't wait!" Luke excitedly said as he brought his hands together and smiled brightly. I smiled at his enthusiasm. "Me too. The last time I saw Slowdive live was probably in 1997." I chuckled as I took a sip of my tea. "You've seen them live before?!" He asked as he turned to me. "Mhm. I saw them in Tokyo." I smiled. "Woah." He said in awe. "Did you know that the Souvlaki album was released just two days before your birthday in 1993?" I asked as I leaned my head back on the seat. "Wait, really?" He asked. "Yeah, Souvlaki was released on May 17th, 1993." I explained. "That's so awesome!" He smiled.

For the rest of the flight, Luke simply fell asleep. He was on the side of the window, we fought over who would sit there during the whole drive to the airport beforehand. I decided to be mature and just let him sit there. This whole week I've been thinking about Hiroshi. I went to that concert with him, it was such an amazing moment. That was just a year before I started university. I still remember that night so vividly.

🎞️Flashback🎞️

5th November, 1997.

Hiroshi took my hand and dragged me along through the big crowd of people. We could already hear the music and we only started to get more excited as our laughter could be faintly heard. "Kite! Watashitachi no daisukina kyokudesu! Kore o minogasu wake ni wa ikimasen!" (Come on! It's our favorite song! We can't miss this!) He said as we continued to run through the crowd. "Mō koko ni iru yo, shinpai suru hitsuyō wa nai yo, Hiro." (We're already here, there's no need to worry, Hiro.) I said with a smile. We both stopped and turned to look at the stage as the band performed the song Dagger.

Hiroshi pulled me closer and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Anata to issho ni kore o taiken dekite totemo ureshīdesu." (I'm so happy I get to experience this with you.) He smiled. I turned my head to look up at him, I admired his features. His red eyes shone brightly, and his magenta colored hair was wavy in all the right ways. His freckles were much more visible up close. I smiled and leaned in, kissing him on the cheek. We both slowly swayed to the rhythm in each other's embrace. It took us quite a lot of time to convince our parents to let us go to Tokyo by ourselves, but we did it. And so far, it was amazing. "Hiro o aishiteimasu." (I love you Hiro.) I softly said. "Watashi mo zan o aishiteimasu." (I love you too Zan.) He smiled. We both turned to face each other, we leaned in and passionately kissed. We pulled away, and continued to enjoy the music. Hiroshi already learned this song on the drums, I always found it so attractive whenever he'd play it for me. I guess I've just always had a thing for drummers.