Chapter 67: Disconcerted

The hospital is swarming with the police. They assumed that the hospital has already reported about the disappearance of Yukino, one of their doctors who is now a patient.

The pink-haired man only watched the nurses and Doctor Kaname Souma push the stretcher towards the direction of the Emergency Room of the hospital, away from them. He watched her disappear from his sight again, frustrated that he couldn't even stay with her.

"Damn it!" He cursed as he kicked a nearby trash can and combed his hair frustratingly. His brother could only watch him suffer emotionally. He never once thought that there would come a day that they would see Bonten's second-in-command act that way. He and the other members who decided to go back to their base finally believe in his genuine feelings towards the woman.

"She's gonna be fine." He hears Takeomi who is in front of the wheel right now. Given the man's agitated state, he decided to not let him drive to the hospital.

Moments later, Toman members arrives one-by-one. The two tried to be discreet inside the car as they watch the newly-arrived gang climb down their motorcycles and ran inside the hospital.

"They're finally here. I think we can leave now. Mikey would get suspicious if he doesn't see us." His brother says while stealing glances at the rear view mirror while looking at his younger brother's expression. But Sanzu didn't respond, he only stared at a certain black-haired man unload his motorcycle. Seeing this man, he cannot help but remember his childhood friend as well as the brunette's closest friend.

Sensing a presence, Kazutora looked around and accidentally turns to a direction where a certain black car is parked. He intently looked at its tinted glass when he hears a voice call out to him.

"What are you doing, Kazutora?! Let's go!"

"Coming, Draken!" he responds and ran towards the entrance of the ER.

As much as it is so frustrating for him, all he could do now is have faith that Yukino will be fine.

"Let's go, Takeomi." As Bonten's advisor hears that, he turns the engine on and finally left the hospital lot.

--

"Doctor Yukino Miyazaki has been admitted in the ICU. We ran through some tests and there are several findings. I don't even know where to start." Everyone in Toman is gathered in the hospital lobby as Doctor Kaname Souma finally faces them with updates about Yukino's current condition after a night-long of waiting. But as they heard the doctor, they are struck with anxiety and frustration.

"But first, let me apologize for not being able to alert you immediately about her admission the other day." As they heard that, they looked at each other with huge frowns.

"What do you mean? You mean to tell us that she's been sick with those injuries?" Mitsuya asks.

"Unfortunately, yes, she was. She was brought here at around 9 o'clock in the evening by an unfamiliar man. She has a cut on her cheek, and injuries on her head as well as her right leg. Not to mention, a high fever which I believe she has been experiencing for several days now." They all sighed in disbelief and pity towards the woman who has not said a word about her worries and ill condition. Both Yuzuha and Hinata even covered their mouths in complete shock of the things they're hearing.

"How did she get those injuries?" Draken asks with a huge wrinkle on his forehead. Everyone is starting to get uneasy.

"Who the hell is the unfamiliar man, anyway? How dare he take her here and not introduce himself? Are you sure he wasn't the reason of her injuries?" Pah asks.