Chapter 33: Paradiso

"They're onto us..."

Pairs of eyes turned to the 3rd executive of Bonten. They are currently in one of their most hidden headquarters in Tokyo.

"Paradiso, that is." As the man with the scar on the left side of his face added that, the other executives eyed each other. Paradiso is like Bonten but in Europe. In the past decade, its name has been more and more renowned in the underworld where these notorious criminal organizations exist in. Gangs try not to cross each other; it's like an unspoken rule in order to maintain each other's reputation, power, riches and territory. They are however allowed to conduct transactions in other continents as long as "royalties" are presented and complied.

"The transaction that we just finished in Brazil had fucking flies, my men told me."

"Scared of small flies, Kakucho?" Kakucho Hitto, Bonten's Number 3, batted a deadly eye to the man who just spoke with a smirk, Ran Haitani.

"Bullshit. Found the flies and killed them before throwing their corpses in the sea." The man with heterochromia replied, this time with a smirk. The other executives then all chuckled in celebration.

"Knew that you would swat them out. Nobody messes with Bonten." The younger Haitani responded, Rindou Haitani.

"Guess that only one of us got fooled by those Paradiso vermin." This time, all the executives looked at one direction, where their number 2 is seated.

"Not anymore." Sanzu Haruchiyo grinned before being handed an envelope by his assistant who is standing behind him. He took out seven photos and practically threw them on the round table in front of the gang. The executives all looked at the photos of random politicians and businessmen in Asia.

"These fuckers all have a connection to fucking Paradiso. Notice any similarities?" The men looked at each photo one by one, analyzing the similarities that their second-in-command just asked them to point out.

"They are all those who rose in power due to being funded by Bonten."

"As expected of our financial manager." Sanzu complimented  the first executive who gave his answer, Kokonui Hajime.

"Of course. After all, I was the one who handed them billions." He added.

"How certain are you, Sanzu?" Takeomi Akashi, Bonten's advisor, asked.

"For the past weeks, I had my men investigate the Minamis. They all had something in common. Upon meeting August Minami, they went to Europe for various reasons. I sent someone to follow August when he went to Italy. He never came back. Shinrai only received a code."

"What if that guy you sent spouted another bullshit about you or us?" Mochizuki Kanji, replied with his eyebrows in one line.

"That, Mochi, is a stupid move that I prevented because before he left, I cut his tongue off." The pink-haired man is a crazy psycho and all the executives are aware of that. But what he said still startled them. He really is willing to sacrifice just anyone just so he could achieve his goals. Sometimes, they too wonder what it'll be like if he's one of their enemies.

"So even if he was caught, man is muted in the first place to say anything. Besides..." He declared proudly before leaning on his own comfy chair.

"...he self-destructed after sending the code."

"You're really a motherfucking freak." Ran commented making his younger sibling giggle.

"What did you expect, brother? This guy's the devil himself." Rindou followed.

"What did it say?"