Chapter 116: Seventh Heaven

Seventh Heaven refers to feeling the absolute. It is the feeling one gets in the presence of their true love.

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains explicit language, acts of violence, mentions about rape, and more smut. A viewer discretion is advised.

The loud barking of a dog starts to awaken a certain man with golden pair of orbs who is asleep in a huge sofa bed in the condo. He groaned in protest and covered his eyes with a pillow.

For almost a month now, he has been getting little to no sleep. Aside from the fact that he is worried about the condo's owner, he is continued to get haunted by the guilt that he betrayed the woman whom he loves the most in the world. All for a reason he cannot explain. If not for her friend, Ria Hanami, who told him not to worry about Yukino since she already went to Spain to start her schooling program, he would have gone insane anytime. To respect this decision of hers, he decided not to bother her for the meantime and to wait for her to come back.

As for her professor and the pet shop's former vet, she mysteriously disappeared weeks ago with no explanation even to their university. Not like he cares anymore. She is after all the reason why his lover left. 

For the depressed and patient Kazutora Hanemiya, as long as Yukino comes back safe and sound, nothing else matters.

Which makes him wonder why he is suddenly hearing her voice inside the place...

"Hello, Shinaru-chan. Sorry it took me so long to come back."

As long-haired heard that, he batted his eyes open and took his seat from the sofa.

"Yuki..no..." he muttered and saw her turn towards his direction.

"Is that...you?" he asks while standing up.

"Yes. I am home." She answered with a relieved smile. 

Without saying anything back, amber-eyed man ran to her and gave her a tight hug...which she reciprocated.

Finally home, the brunette made a long comforted sigh in the arms of...her ex-lover who clearly waited for her. His presence is still as soothing as before. Much more his kind embrace.

"Doctor Hanami told me that you went to Spain. How are you?" The man quickly asks after parting from her. The two of them looked at each other's eyes, as if to plead each other of comfort...and forgiveness. 

But perhaps, the man is more guilty. He after all still thinks that he made a big mistake to the woman he loves so much. 

Hence, he couldn't stop himself from getting emotional and apologetic as he felt his eyes getting heavy. Maybe, words are not enough to express his disappointment to himself.