Chapter 102: The Guests from Paradise

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains explicit languages, acts of violence such as stabbing, scratching, shooting, murder, and abuse. A viewer discretion is advised.

A long beeping sound continued ringing in a certain brunette's ears for several seconds now. In front of her is a worried Sanzu who is calling out to her, but no sound is coming out. That's when she remembered the earlier events.

There was a sudden explosion. And it wasn't just one. There were three consecutive explosions that resounded in three different locations in the island.

"Are you okay? Can you hear me, Doctor?" she turns to Sanzu who is supporting her back.

"What happened?" she managed to ask while gathering strength to stand. When she turned around; the forest is burning, helicopters are flying above the island, there were sounds of gunshots, and people are shouting from a far distance.

"What's going on?" she asks while the man is supporting her.

"Can you walk?" The man asks, and that's when she tries to stand before nodding.

"Good. Because we need to run." As the man said that, they bolted out of the small forest towards the approaching yacht.

"Sanzu-kun, what's going on?" she asks again before seeing two of his guards, Marko and Sara Murakami, as well as three other women.

"Paradiso is here. You need to leave" She caught her breath hearing that. Before she could reply, the man lifted her from the shore, walked the shallow waters, and towards the stairs to board the boat.

"Don't look much at the dark sea. Your fear of it is just all in your head. Try to think of it that way." He added while giving her sandals. He knew very well that she's scared of the deep. It's his way of reassuring her.

"What about you?" she asks worriedly when she has already boarded.

"I need to eliminate who dare interrupt what you were about to tell me." He answered with a smug. That's when the yacht started leaving. Seeing the man slowly drifting away from her awakened a certain emotion in her.

"Will you be okay?" she asks, with a worried look. The man smirked as a response and as an assurance.

"Of course. Who do you think I am?" he answered arrogantly, which softened her expression. 

Uncertainty. For some reason, she feels a sense of uncertainty in her.

Uncertain if she will be seeing him again.

She balled her fists while still looking at his direction who is also looking back to her. She couldn't stop herself from taking a deep breath before...

"I'll see you again, Sanzu-kun!" she said those, enough for him to hear. She said those meaningfully. And it sure came across the man.

"Yes, you will." He mouthed but she no longer heard, yet she understood even with their growing distance.

That's when she finally turned to her fellow passengers. She sees Marko and Sara Murakami who are navigating the boat, as well as Kinana, Choko, and Sarina. They are all safe and sound, probably all thanks to Bonten. But without the woman of the earlier prestigious event.