Chapter 7 - Bullied

Jared walked down the hallway, his head down and his backpack slung over his shoulder. He could feel the eyes of his classmates on him, and he knew what they were thinking.

"Hey, loser!" one of the boys shouted, pushing Jared against the lockers. "What are you looking at?"

Jared tried to push back, but the boy was bigger and stronger than he was. He felt a sense of helplessness wash over him, and he knew that he was in trouble.

"Leave me alone," Jared said, trying to keep his voice steady.

The boy just laughed and pushed him harder. "What's wrong, Jared? Can't take a little teasing?"

Jared felt his face turn red with anger and embarrassment. He had been bullied before, but this was worse than anything he had experienced before.

"Come on, guys," another boy said, joining in. "Let's give him a little taste of what it's like to be popular."

Jared tried to fight back, but it was no use. He was outnumbered and outmatched, and he knew that he had no choice but to take the abuse.

After what seemed like an eternity, the boys finally left Jared alone. He slumped against the lockers, feeling bruised and battered both physically and emotionally.

As he walked home, Jared couldn't shake the feeling of shame and humiliation that he felt. He knew that he didn't deserve to be treated this way, but he also knew that he couldn't do anything about it.

When he got home, Jared went straight to his room and closed the door. He knew that he needed to talk to someone, but he didn't know who to turn to.

As he sat there, feeling lost and alone, Jared heard a knock at his door. It was his mom, and she had a look of concern on her face.

"Jared, are you okay?" she asked, sitting down beside him.

Jared felt tears welling up in his eyes, and he knew that he couldn't hold back any longer. He told his mom everything that had happened, and he felt a sense of relief wash over him.

His mom listened patiently, and when he was finished, she hugged him tightly. "Jared, I'm so sorry that this happened to you," she said. "But I want you to know that you don't have to face this alone. We'll get through this together."

Jared felt a sense