Chapter 8 - stared out

Jared walked into the classroom, feeling self-conscious and uneasy. He knew that everyone was staring at him, and he couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong.

As he took his seat, Jared could feel the eyes of his classmates on him. He tried to ignore them, but it was no use. He felt like he was under a microscope, and he couldn't escape the scrutiny.

Jared had always been a little different from the other kids. He was quiet and introspective, and he had a passion for music that set him apart from his peers. But lately, he had been feeling like his differences were more of a liability than an asset.

As the class began, Jared tried to focus on the lesson. But he couldn't shake the feeling that something was off. He felt like he was being judged, like he was being sized up and found wanting.

As the minutes ticked by, Jared grew more and more uncomfortable. He felt like he was suffocating, like he was trapped in a room with no escape.

Finally, the bell rang, and Jared bolted from the classroom. He ran down the hall, his heart pounding in his chest. He felt like he was being chased, like the eyes of his classmates were following him wherever he went.

When he got outside, Jared took a deep breath and tried to calm himself down. He knew that he couldn't keep running forever, but he also knew that he couldn't face his classmates without feeling like he was being judged.

As the day wore on, Jared tried to keep a low profile. He avoided eye contact, he kept his head down, and he tried to blend in as much as possible.

But no matter what he did, he couldn't escape the feeling that he was being stared at. It was like a weight on his shoulders, a constant reminder that he was different, that he didn't belong.

As the final bell rang, Jared gathered his things and headed for the door. He felt like he was running a gauntlet, like he was passing through a sea of eyes that were watching his every move.

But as he stepped outside, something strange happened. The eyes of his classmates seemed to lose their focus, like they were looking past him instead of at him. Jared didn't know what to make of it, but he felt a glimmer of hope.

Maybe, just maybe, he thought, he could find a way to be himself without feeling like he was being judged