Chapter 26 - New dog

Jared loved his pet dog, Max, more than anything in the world. Max was a golden retriever with soft, fluffy fur and big, brown eyes that seemed to look straight into Jared's soul. Max was always happy to see Jared, wagging his tail and jumping up to give him a big, slobbery kiss.

Jared had always struggled to connect with people, but he had no trouble connecting with Max. Max didn't care that Jared was different - he loved him unconditionally, just the way he was. Max was always there for Jared when he needed him, whether he was feeling anxious or just needed someone to talk to.

Jared and Max had a routine that they followed every day. In the morning, Max would wake Jared up by licking his face and wagging his tail. Jared would get up and take Max for a walk, enjoying the fresh air and the feeling of the sun on his face. Max would run ahead, chasing after squirrels and sniffing everything in sight.

In the afternoon, Jared and Max would play together in the backyard. Jared would throw a ball or a frisbee, and Max would chase after it, bringing it back to Jared with a big grin on his face. Sometimes they would just lay in the grass together, Jared stroking Max's fur and Max panting contentedly.

In the evening, Jared and Max would snuggle up on the couch together and watch TV. Max would lay his head in Jared's lap, and Jared would stroke his ears and talk to him about his day. Sometimes Jared would read to Max, knowing that Max didn't understand the words but still enjoying the feeling of having someone to share his thoughts with.

Jared knew that Max was more than just a pet - he was a best friend. Max had helped Jared through some of the toughest times in his life, and Jared was grateful for every moment they spent together. He knew that no matter what happened in the future, Max would always be there for him, wagging his tail and looking up at him with those big, brown eyes.