Chapter 21 - senses outside

Jared loved spending time outside, especially on sunny days. He loved feeling the warmth of the sun on his skin and the cool breeze blowing through his hair. But today, he wanted to experience the outdoors in a different way. He wanted to use his senses to explore the world around him.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, smelling the fresh air. He could smell the flowers blooming nearby and the grass beneath his feet. He opened his eyes and looked around, taking in the colors of the world. The sky was a bright blue, and the trees were a deep green. He loved the way the colors seemed to come alive in the sunlight.

Next, he listened to the sounds around him. He could hear the birds chirping and the leaves rustling in the wind. He could hear the distant sound of cars driving by, and the laughter of children playing in a nearby park. He closed his eyes again, focusing on the sounds and trying to identify each one.

He reached down and picked up a rock, feeling its weight in his hand. He rubbed his fingers over its rough surface, feeling the bumps and grooves. He tossed it up and down, enjoying the feeling of its weight in his hand.

Finally, he licked his lips, tasting the air. He could taste the saltiness of the sea in the distance, and the sweetness of the flowers nearby. He smiled, enjoying the way that each sense seemed to come alive in a different way.

Jared spent the rest of the afternoon exploring the world around him with his senses. He felt more connected to the world than ever before, and he couldn't wait to do it again. He knew that there was so much more to explore, so much more to experience. And he was excited to discover it all.