Chapter 18 - Wont sleep

Jared tossed and turned in his bed, trying to find a comfortable position. He had been lying there for hours, but sleep just wouldn't come. He tried everything he could think of to fall asleep – counting sheep, drinking warm milk, and even listening to calming music – but nothing seemed to work.

Jared was frustrated and tired. He knew that he had an important test the next day, and he needed to be well-rested to do his best. But no matter what he did, he just couldn't seem to drift off.

As the hours ticked by, Jared's mind started to race. He worried about the test, about his grades, and about what his parents would say if he didn't do well. He started to feel anxious and overwhelmed.

Jared's thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock on his door. It was his mom. "Jared, are you okay?" she asked. "I heard you tossing and turning and wanted to check on you."

Jared sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes. "I can't sleep," he said. "I've been trying for hours, but nothing's working."

His mom sat down on the bed next to him. "I'm sorry, honey," she said. "That's frustrating. But you can't force yourself to sleep. Sometimes, you just have to let it happen naturally."

Jared sighed. "But I have that test tomorrow," he said. "I need to be rested."

"I understand," his mom said. "But stressing about it won't help. Why don't you try doing something relaxing, like reading a book or taking a warm bath? And remember, even if you don't get a lot of sleep tonight, you can still do your best on the test."

Jared nodded, feeling a bit calmer. "Thanks, Mom," he said. "I'll try that."

As his mom left the room, Jared picked up a book and started to read. He still felt wide awake, but he was starting to feel more relaxed. He knew that he might not get a lot of sleep that night, but he also knew that he would be okay.