C.32: Time Off

A/N: Anything dealing with the wedding (dress, decorations, colors, etc) will be made up entirely to the readers imagination. Since this is a Y/N story, it is whatever YOU want. Of course I'll add in a few details to pull everything together, but everyone is different so I really want to leave the main things up to you. :))

The Next Day

As soon as Nat woke up, she dragged me away from Bucky. We told everyone last night that we just wanted to get married now. No big ceremony, just us and our friends. Something small but meaningful. They were happy, and apparently were placing bets on how long it’d take us to finally start. Guess who won? Sam. He said we would do it as soon as possible because we were “younglings in love”. He was the happiest one, just because he won. “What are you wanting to wear?” she asks. “Honestly Nat, it doesn’t matter. I don’t really know.” “Of course it matters, Y/N. It’s your wedding!” Pepper says, coming in the room with bags of… dresses. “You’re here!” I smile, wrapping her into a tight hug. Her and Tony mean the world to me.  “Of course I’m here. You know I wouldn’t miss this. Plus, I knew I needed to bring options” She smiles brightly, pointing towards the dresses. ”Now, It’s set for 3PM and it’s currently 11AM. I’m going to make sure Tony hasn’t trashed the place and that everything is going fine on his end.” “You didn’t have to do all this” I tell her, although I’m grateful. “I wanted to” she smiles before leaving. 

Pepper and Nat really did think of everything. Hair, nails, makeup.. I honestly don’t know how to feel. I’ve never had this, I don’t even know what to do. “Okay, we’ve got to figure out what you want to do with your hair” she says, coming into the room smiling, Wanda right behind her. I sit down in the chair as they get behind me, thinking over the task at hand. “How do you want it?” Good question. “I.. don’t know.” I look down, messing with my fingers. How do you wear your hair to your own wedding? I see them shoot each other glances. I groan, turning around. “This is your day, Y/N. It’s a happy day. What’s wrong?” I look away, trying to figure out how to voice my worries.

 “I just.. I don’t know, okay? I don’t know what to do, what to even say.” I stand up. “I’ve never just sat around daydreaming about my wedding day. I never even thought this day would come. What do I do?” I ask. “You just be yourself.” Wanda answers. “This is about you and Bucky. You just be yourself, truly. You are absolutely perfect, Y/N.” Nat adds. I walk back over to the chair and sit back down. “Half up, half down?” I suggest. “That’s good. We also got something to put into your hair.” Wanda says, walking to a bag on the bed. She pulls out a beautiful colored flower hair pin that slips into a bun or something. “I love that” I whisper, trying not to cry. 

After they finished my hair, we moved onto my nails. Just simple paint, with a design on the ring fingers. The makeup was the easiest part. Now, I’m stuck. I have 5 dresses in front of me. I don’t know which to choose. I love all of them, each one unique in its own way. “How do I choose?” I ask, feeling bad that I even had to ask this. “Is Bucky okay?” I add. I’ve been so caught up in my own problems I haven’t even thought to see if he’s okay. Is he struggling too? What if he’s not struggling at all? Does it make me a bad soon- to- be wife if I would feel a little bad about him not struggling at all? 

“Do any of them speak to you in any way? And from what I’ve heard, he’s acting just like you” Nat smirks. Now I feel guilty. He shouldn’t be feeling and acting like me. He deserves better. I hate what life has done to us. “This one.” I pick a short dress, with lace around the top. It shows a little boob and back, but not too much. A little short, but again, not too much. It’s perfect I suppose. “That’s perfect. Come on, we’ve killed too much time. We have an hour so let’s get ready.” 

After we’ve all got into our dresses and fixed ourselves, it’s time. We walk out of the bedroom and head to the party room. Tony asked me a million questions about colors, cakes, decorations.. I really don’t know what he’s done. I know it’s good though. That man knows how to put together a party, a wedding isn’t much different. Right? “So, Buck is already out there waiting. How do you want to walk in?” “What do you mean?” “Well, do you want us to go first, then you? Or us all together?” “Ha, that’s right. I don’t have a father to walk me. How am I just now thinking of this?”

 “Don’t worry, it’s all taken care of” Tony says, coming to stand beside me. “You’re going to walk me down the aisle?” I ask, a smile coming on. “Yeah, why not?” He smirks. “Pepper picked out some music, y’all walk in first then we will follow, alright?” He says. “That’s fine with me.” Tony moves us out the way as the door opens, Nat walking first, with Wanda following a few steps behind her. I wanted them both to be ‘maid of honors’, they were very happy about it. “You okay?” Tony asks, looking over at me. “I’m scared,” I whisper. “It’s going to be okay. You’re going to be perfect” he says, kissing me on the cheek before we step into the doorway.

He’s the first eyes I find. Those beautiful eyes.. staring into my very soul, I swear. We make our way down the aisle, slow calculated steps. I hate heels. I take a second to look around. Every beautiful face here. “You think I’m beautiful?” Loki’s voice comes through, making me roll my eyes. My family. They are all I need and want. Finally, after what feels like a million years, Tony ‘gives me away’. I grab Buck’s hands and step in front of him. I’m so nervous. “You are so beautiful” he whispers, and I feel the heat in my cheeks. 

“Friends, we have joined here today to share with Bucky and Y/N an important moment in their lives. Their time together, they have seen their love and understanding of each other grow and blossom and now they have decided to live out the rest of their lives as one,” the officiant states. I feel like I’m going to pass out. “I, James, take you, Y/N, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward until death do us part.” Buck finishes, and I feel like I missed a whole chapter. Yeah, I did. Okay. My turn.. “I, Y/N, take you, James, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, from this day forward until death do us part.” 

Buck takes my hand, sliding the wedding ring on. I then do the same, both of us smiling like crazy. “By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.” We both lean in, but apparently he has other plans. He pulls me into him and kisses me hard yet softly. He dips me back as he deepens the kiss. After pulling up, we get cheers. We are married. Wow.. we’re married. We walk towards everyone else as they all stand. “Now it’s time to party” Sam yells, making us laugh. I do agree. 

Buck and I decided not to do vows. We are going to sit down later and write our vows, then put them up somewhere and open them on our one year anniversary. It seems like a sweet, sentimental thing to do. We know how much we love each other. “You look great,” Peter states, giving me a hug. “Thank you Pete!”  We eat cake and talk some.

Buck grabs my hand and pulls me towards the dance floor as a slow song comes on. “Look at you” I smirk. “Anything for you, my love.” As we slowly dance around, he pulls me closer. “I love you so much, doll.” He kisses my forehead. “I love you more.” “Not possible.” He smirks. “Oh but it is, husband” I smirk. “I love when you say that, baby.” 

I don’t think I’ve ever been more happy than I am right now as I watch everyone I love have fun. I smile as I watch them. My family. How did I ever get so lucky?