Chapter Fourteen || The Party

For the rest of my week, all I could think about was going to the party with Liam

For the rest of my week, all I could think about was going to the party with Liam. It was a mixture of anxiety and excitement that filled the pit of my stomach. But the one thing I noticed was that since I met Liam, the horrible, sinking feeling that haunted my mind seemed to slip away. I was actually looking forward to spending time with him and meeting his friends. And for a moment, just a moment, I wasn't spending my days sulking over Andy.

As I counted down the days, Friday came soon enough. I convinced my mom to lend me a few dollars for the mall, which she gladly gave me, likely relieved to see me get out of the house for once. While shopping, a particular black dress caught my eyes. It was a little longer than mid-thigh. Tight on the top, squeezing my curves and flowing loosely at the bottom. It was simple but perfect, and I was so eager to get home to try it on.

Slipping into the dress, I carefully examined myself through the mirror. My blue hair was curled loosely over my shoulders, my eyes shimmered with a black to grey Smokey eye, my legs were hugged lightly with a pair of see through black lace stockings & I was wearing black heels for the first time in my life.

And for the first time in what felt like forever I was able to say that I actually felt pretty. Shockingly, my mind was free from any thought of Andy. I was mostly just excited & nervous about this party with Liam. My phone went off with the ringtone, I grabbed it & looked down.

Liam: hey u ready?
I smiled to myself as I typed back,

Me: yea i can meet you at the library if u want :p
Liam: nope i wanna pick u up at ur house!! send me the addy!
Me: lol why my house? ill just meet u somewhere
Liam: it would be rude if i didn't introduce myself!! addy now!!
Me: ur a persistent one. ok it's 214 kinsley rd.
I blushed as I felt my heart sink. I didn't tell my more or Chance I was going to a party. Not that they would care. Honestly they would leap with joy to see me go out & be away from my room.

I sighed, walking to my door & taking a step out. Down the stairs I went before I heard the familiar sigh of my mother coming from the living room.

"Finally decide to wake up? It's not so much a birthday if you're sleeping in-", she was cut off as soon as she saw me at the end of the steps. She was sitting on the couch with Chance watching TV, they both just stared with their mouths to the floor.

"Um..is there something going on or...?", My mom finally muttered out, her eyes staying on me. My face beat red as I said,

"No. I just decided I'd go out with a friend."

Chance raised an eyebrow. "Uh, what frie-", the sound of the doorbell ringing cut him off. Before turning to grab it, I couldn't help but to give him a quick glare.

"That's him. Guys, please don't embarrass me.", I whispered to them in a stern voice before reaching for the knob, pulling the door open. I was greeted with a sharply dressed Liam. His brown hair was still messy, falling cutely in his face a tad bit. He was wearing a distressed black jean jacket with what looked like a Ramones T-shirt underneath, & black skinny jeans. He absolutely looked adorable.