04. TO THOSE WHO HEAR US

DOWNTOWN

DOWNTOWN.
chapter four | to those who hear us.

I went toward the bleachers, seeing a couple,–with intertwined hands and a make-out session–and two boys with their backs against the fence in front of them

I went toward the bleachers, seeing a couple,–with intertwined hands and a make-out session–and two boys with their backs against the fence in front of them. It's kind of awkward going up to four people, all of which don't know me, but when one of them looked my way, he waved. I went up to him, and we shook hands. "You must be Jiayi," The other boy looked around his shoulder, an odd stare directed my way, but then, he joined his left. "We heard you might be coming today, and wow, look at you confirming our suspicions. It's nice to meet you."

I was unsure how to reply, but then, his eyebrows raised. "Oh, I'm Han Jisung. Feel free to call me Han, though."

He nudged the boy to his left, who then smiled. "Choi Soobin," He bowed his head slightly, and so, I mimicked his actions. "You seem like a person who'd fit well along with The Luminaries, Jiayi. However, you should get to know the Neos first, I suppose. I hope you find some comfort in sitting with us."

The two turned back, soon groaning as the couple continued to make out, the boy's hand roaming around the girl's waist. Finally, the woman sensed a couple of stares her way and widened her eyes as she stood up. Her lips departed from his, and for a moment, he was upset.

"Oh, the girl Chaewon was telling me about!" The boy, who I assumed was Jaemin from Chaewon's spiel, groaned and leaned back against the next row of seats. He turned his head, bidding me hello with his eyes. I nodded slightly, looking back at the girl, Karina. She hugged me, and I'd never been as startled as I was in her arms. Jisung began to chuckle at my reaction, and even Soobin spared me a wider grin. "Nice to meet you! I'm Karina, but you can call me Jimin–and that's my boyfriend, Jaemin. You're Jiayi, correct?"

"Yes. It's nice to meet you all."

"You're here for the Neos tonight, though, so I'm a bit upset that you won't get to see the best of both worlds," Jisung added, crossing his arms. His eyes stared behind me and reflected in them, he realized something. "Seems like we're racing soon. Jiayi, enjoy yourself."

Soobin and Jisung departed together, talking briefly about something. I watched them leave, but then, a tug of my hand brought me back to the bleachers. "Take a seat," Karina said, sitting next to Jaemin and being squished between us. Jaemin briefly kissed her hand before intertwining her fingers with his. "It's a shame that only some of our members, as well as the Neos, showed up. You would've had a true experience if all of them came. Technically, we–me, Jisung, and Soobin–aren't really supposed to be over on this side."