34. TELLING THE WORLD

DOWNTOWN

DOWNTOWN.
chapter thirty-four | telling the world.

It's only been a day. A day since I've decided to open my heart after so much denial. He decided to walk with me to the circuit after I told him that I was getting some work done with Taeyong, and due to his protective attitude, couldn't bear to leave me on my own. "I was telling her that I'd be fine, but I guess I was wrong," I told him, watching as he listened intently. "Because then, everything fell out of my bag! Maybe I shouldn't have been so shy and just listened."

He smiled softly, placing his finger at the bridge of my nose and running it down. "Silly," he commented as we entered the gate, making me giggle. "You rarely ever listen, I don't know who you get it from. Your dad is so kind compared to you."

"Hey!" I defended myself, punching him in the shoulder. Donghyuck caressed the crown of my head down to my hair in response, smiling rising. "I probably got it from my mom. Dad always told me it took him ages to convince her."

"Really?" Donghyuck asked, making me nod. "Maybe I got lucky, then."

"Why, you—" I paused, seeing Taeyong watching at the barriers. Donghyuck immediately silenced, sighing lowly. We moved forward and Taeyong saw us, smiling.

"Jiayi!" He waved, eventually looking over at Donghyuck. "Haechan, too. Accompanying her here?"

"Mm," Seemed like he was still upset with the eldest. Taeyong nodded slowly, eyes looking between us. They became more surprised, widening at a thought.

"The tension between the two of you is different," He pointed between us, his jaw unhinging. "You... are dating each other. Right?"

I widened my eyes, looking over at Donghyuck. His stare kept strong on Taeyong before moving to me, waiting for what move I'd make. "I don't even have to wait for one of you to confirm it," Taeyong shook his head. "Just by that glance, I know it."

"We are. Yeah, you're right," I still said, snickering. "I mean, you can't forget what you said, remember? You said you knew it before I did."

"You're right," Taeyong copied me, looking at the floor. "I knew I wasn't competition—everyone knew. At least I gave it a shot, hm?"