42. DEADLOCK

DOWNTOWN

DOWNTOWN.
chapter forty-three | deadlock.

I scarfed down the sandwich in the passenger seat, seeing Donghyuck staring

I scarfed down the sandwich in the passenger seat, seeing Donghyuck staring. "What?" I snapped through my full mouth. I glance at the red light, looking back at him. "Why are you still staring at me? Do you want a bite?"

I placed the sandwich to his lips, but to no avail. A small smile creased on his lips, and taking a hand off the steering wheel, he pressed his thumb to my lips. I felt the smudge of what I assumed to be ketchup on my face, licking his finger after. I widened my eyes, wondering what he was doing, but he seemed to hum in content after. "Tastes good," Then, his hand reached to my head, caressing the crown of my head. "I'm staring at you because I can't get enough of you, darling."

I knew I was blushing. I cleared my throat. "You were right next to me in the morning. Even Dad was wondering why I haven't made you breakfast," Donghyuck chuckled. This morning, Donghyuck laid next to me, snoozing away after a long night of talking and whatever else we did. Then, Dad came into my room, not so surprised that Donghyuck was there, but rather was insolent in his words that I hadn't welcomed him properly. Now, we're taking his car to the circuit, just to see what everyone's been up to. "Don't you ever get sick of me?"

"Why would I?" Donghyuck asked. "I could never get sick of you. After last night, perhaps I've been needing you more."

Oh god. What was wrong with him? Even though the only things hearing us were the ghosts, I was blushing profusely, moving away from him. "What?" He laughed as he pressed on the gas, giving me occasional glances. I dug myself back into my sandwich, Using the paper surrounding it to hide my tomato-red face. "Shy? You weren't so shy when we were–"

"Stop it!" I hit him, making him laugh even harder. "You're embarrassing me!"

"Nobody's here to make fun of you! Well, except me. You know I love teasing you, darling," I huffed, pretending to be mad. Turning away, I crossed my arms, wearing an angry look. "Oh, come on, Jiayi! It was just a joke!"

"You're the joke."

"Darling~" He cooed, stopping at the next light. In utter silence, I suddenly felt a tug on my wrist, bringing me closer to him. His other hand grabbed the sandwich from my hands and placed it on the dashboard, swiftly grabbing my cheek after. He pressed his lips against mine with lots of fervor, and passion built into his movement. His hands were urgent in friction, tangling into my hair, my own fisting the back of his shirt. At the sight of a green light, I pushed him away, sitting back.