EPIL. REMEMBER ME

DOWNTOWN

DOWNTOWN.
epil | remember me.

"And I told my professor that it simply doesn't work like that!" I slammed my beer down, Chaeyoung and Sakura nodding slowly

"And I told my professor that it simply doesn't work like that!" I slammed my beer down, Chaeyoung and Sakura nodding slowly. Chaewon giggled drunkenly, attempting to take another sip, but Winter stopped her. "It's so weird being a sophomore with a professor who deals with seniors. Can you believe the audacity of some people?!"

"Sure can," Karina sarcastically replied, making me nudge her. "What? I'm here to drink, Jiayi, not to hear you drown yourself in school problems. Bring that to your schoolmate or Sakura, who always has some kind of ear to spare."

"Is that some kind of insult, Yu Jimin?"

"Oh, of course not, Miyawaki," Karina bowed her head, pressing her lips together. "Anyway, the point is, why call us all here together? Jiayi, what are you attempting to do, or rather, trying to celebrate? It's been so long since we last saw each other."

"Not for us," Chaeyoung smiled. "Two hours."

"Piss off, Lee," Karina muttered, taking another shot of soju. "I mean it–"

"Karina," Sakura interrupted Karina's anger, presumably from getting tipsy. She swirled the small amount of soju in her shot glass, eyes dawning upwards to stare daggers into Karina's eyes. "That's enough. Yeah, it's been a year. Just because you're cutting out some time with Jaemin doesn't mean he'll leave you forever. Or, rather, is it because you didn't want to see any of us again?"

Right. It's been a year. Things have changed since then. You'd think that we'd stay close, but some have gotten distant–Jaemin and Karina included. The rest of us, though, have stayed strong, it's just... they've been meaning to cut off their ties with us since the very beginning. Minho's been out doing things, and although nobody else has really seen him, I have–many times. I sound like a stalker, but after knowing where he works, it's best that I at least see how he's doing.

"No, it's–" Karina swallowed her words, looking at all of us. "No. You don't get to make me sound like the stupid one. I know why we're here, because–"