33. DO YOU THINK I HAVE FORGOTTEN?

DOWNTOWN

DOWNTOWN.
chapter thirty-three | do you think i have forgotten?

"Hey," Chaewon said, grabbing my shoulder. I looked up from my helmet rack, smiling painfully. "Doing alright?"

It's been a week. I obliged Mark's words for the sake of offending fewer people, but even my appearance had made a few spines shiver. Everyone's spoken less–Taeyong's been less adamant on preparing for Gangnam, although it was only a week away. Nobody knows what to do from here–and I can finally blame it on myself.

"Yeah," I exasperated, swallowing my words. "Just... yeah."

"Lee said he'll need you to come by the track early tomorrow for some drift practice. Gangnam's got a busy road, so you'll have to work on your wheelwork," I nodded slowly, pursing my lips. Chaewon must've noticed my pained look, caressing my head. "Hey, it'll all work out fine. Mark just got a little fired up."

I shook my head. "He's not wrong though, Chaewon. I keep making rookie mistakes. I should know better than to play with people's feelings–"

"Havin' a heart-to-heart?" Winter interrupted, joining me on the right. "Don't let the boys get to you, sweetheart, seriously. Them fighting... is just what men do!"

Yeah, I told them both everything. I cried for days on end, and even Dad asked me why I was holding silver spoons to my eyes. I simply lied, saying allergies. "And Mark," Winter cleared her throat, itching the crown of her head. "He's easy-going. It was a spur of the moment."

"Was it?" I sighed. "Then, why have we not spoken yet?"

"Mark's just waiting for the right time," Chaewon and Winter synchronized, looking at each other over the unusuality of their timing. Chaewon continued, hand out for expression. "Or, you could strike the conversation first. Haven't you... made up your mind, as he insinuated?"

Have I?

"You haven't?" Winter was shocked. She didn't even know me that well and was surprised over the fact that I was oblivious. Shit. Sorry, girl! "Gosh. He's been right in front of you this whole time, and you just never opened your eyes..."