50. TO BEGIN, TO END

DOWNTOWN

DOWNTOWN.
chapter fifty | to begin, to end.

I woke up in a small office, strapped to a chair

I woke up in a small office, strapped to a chair. Where the fuck am I? I looked around quietly, but it wasn't long until I recognized the perpetrator in front of me. Minho stood right in front of me, head rolling around, a groan escaping his lips. "M-Minho?" I stammered, catching his attention. His head finally lowered, an uncanny smile playing at his lips. "Is this what you fucking meant by a cool place?"

"Yeah," He admitted, upper body leaning forward. His hand hung onto the edge of the table, and I could've sworn he thought I was a fool. "This is not much of a bad situation as you might think it is in your head, Jiayi. This was fully consensual, first of all, you're not in much of a dangerous situation, and I have no plans on killing you."

"Right, like that makes everything better. Thanks for stating the stupid obvious, bastard," His eyebrows raised, and I felt like if I made him upset, he'd betray his own words. "What's the point of keeping me here if you have no intent of murder? This is still kidnapping, Minho!"

"I've told your little boyfriend that you're with me, trust. He knows that you're in somewhat grave danger, at least, from what I said, so he'll be searching for you," Minho sighed. "I just needed some time with you. When he comes to get you, you're free. I'm done playing the bad guy–even if you've already admitted that I'm a bastard."

"You're a bastard for doing this," I spit out. That's when he came forward, roughly grabbed my face, and hoisted it closer to his, grimacing. "What? Do you want to hurt me now? Seeing me vulnerable, is that what you're going to do, you fucking bastard?"

"You–" He paused, gaze softening after being filled with terror. "You know I can't hurt you."

"Because of Donghyuck? Or–"

"Because I'm into you," That was sudden. Minho let go of me, my face dropping. "Don't worry. I have no ill intention of changing your mind or forcing you to get closer to me. I just felt like telling you."

"I'll be damned, because all this time, I knew you like the back of my hand, Minho. I knew you treated me this way because I was a mere reflection of Jeno," I replied. "And, I know that you kept Wooyoung's secret despite knowing that if we had found out sooner, all of this could've ceased to exist. You could've ended this, Minho."