22. THE NIGHT CHANGES

DOWNTOWN

DOWNTOWN.
chapter twenty-two | the night changes.

"I'm tired, hyung!" Jaemin whined, shaking Mark mercilessly

"I'm tired, hyung!" Jaemin whined, shaking Mark mercilessly. "I don't even plan on racing! I'm a motorcyclist, like you!"

"Would you rather learn how to shoot a pistol, learn how to tune up cars with Chaewon, or race?" Jaemin kept silent, standing there awkwardly. Mark pursed his lips, hands on his hips. "Right. Get in the car."

"Okay hyung," Jaemin sighed in defeat, lowering his head as they got back in his car and drove away into the bustling city. Chaewon and I haven't spoken the whole day due to training, nor has she even tried to escape to talk to me. With her less talkative self, I knew she was pissed.

Donghyuck and I were left in the same state as Chaewon and I, silence yet I could tell he was willing to put in the effort. I was hesitant, though, considering that my pride was much higher than my will to apologize. Why would I apologize, anyway?

No, stop it, Jiayi, you're also in the wrong. You're conflicted.

Damn it.

With Taeyong, we were shooting pistols, his goal was to teach me how to properly shoot one. However, I picked up the instructions pretty quickly, and all I had to work on was my aim. So, Taeyong was supervising in silence, silencing earmuffs and protective glasses as I shot at the metal wall.

The sound would resound, sometimes louder than before, but we were in the middle of nowhere. I doubt they'd hear us. With the anger and guilt storming in my stomach, I would hit the same area once or twice, then move to the next, but none of them would hit the red dot.

I could tell Taeyong was frustrated with me being a bitch, but I assumed he was too hesitant to bring up the issue. So, I continued shooting, and in the corner of my eye, I spotted a creeping Donghyuck. He came forward, succumbing to the ricochet, and watched.

When he arrived, I finally mustered up enough courage to somehow hit the red target once, putting down my gun. The two, when I faced them, took a step back, synchronizing a baffled look. I glanced over at Donghyuck, who cleared his throat, then to Taeyong, who nodded. I took my finger off the trigger, shoving it into Taeyong's chest.