44. ONE SHOT

DOWNTOWN

DOWNTOWN.
chapter forty-four | one shot.

"Ulsan," Taeyong began, showing us the route on his tablet

"Ulsan," Taeyong began, showing us the route on his tablet. "This is where it's going to be. The highway's already been reserved for some construction work, so after getting in close contact with a friend of mine, he told us that nobody of importance will be on the highway."

Yuta leaned in, zooming in on a part of the road and pointing to a building. "Isn't this a university? It'll be busy on a Saturday night."

"We're not going near the school, just riding up near the entrance," Taeyong crossed his arms. "The route going around and back one lap is around eleven minutes at average speed. Considering we're dealing with gunfire on, as said, a Saturday night, we can't go any less than around five minutes per lap."

"You're cutting a significant amount of time, hyung," Donghyuck mentioned, eyes dragging to each part of the track. "Not to mention how the race is this weekend. Do you think any of us will make it into the top three?"

"Oh, hush, we know you will," Taeyong hissed at him, beckoning him away from his device. "The main concern here is being safe. This is the first time they're pulling the trigger, so I'll assign you all shotguns–not the physical gun–to ride with you. Donghyuck, you'll get Yuta."

The two looked at each other, sharing a nod. "Mark, you'll be riding with Jaemin–where the fuck is Jaemin, though?"

We looked around, but the blond boy was nowhere to be found. Taeyong groaned, facepalming. "He's been out and about these days, doing god knows what," Taeyong muttered, shaking his head. "Whatever, I'll have to knock some sense into him before Saturday. And, Shotaro–"

He took a glance toward my right, gaze on Shotaro's still broken arm. "Are you capable of driving by Saturday?"

"Actually," He leaned forward, unscathed arm straightening on the table. "I'm volunteering to be someone's shotgun."

"Okay, I'll put you with–"

"Me," I raised my hand lowly, just above my chest. "I'll be driving in Ulsan. Shotaro and I already worked it out."