Chapter Two

*Mateo Navarro above*

Summer before 6th year

"Princesa?" My father knocked on my bedroom door softly. "You should try to get up. Maybe eat something... I'm worried baby.."

I didn't make any type of sound. I also didn't get up and get the door, so my father didn't open it. Mateo sat on his bed looking back and forth between me and the door. His facial expressions were mixed with sadness and stress that I wasn't answering our father.

But I didn't have the energy for anything. Fifth year had all but drained me. And after almost loosing to Ranrok and Professor Fig passing I didn't even want to go back to school.

Mateo got off his bed and came over to me. "Sara, if you don't go to school, how will you become a cool wizard that can show me magic tricks."

"I decided I don't like magic tricks..." I mumbled.

Mateo sighed and crawled on to my bed and sandwiching himself between my arms. His soft hair brushed into my face making me smell grass and the lavender soap Mama uses on him when she cleans him.

"Has Antonio come home?" I whispered to him softly.

"Maybe once a week. I heard Papa tell Mama he's been staying in a place called Feldcroft."

"You're a good spy.." I whispered.

I could feel him smile as he snuggled closer to me. "Thank you."

Later that day I still laid in bed, now alone. Mateo had gone somewhere leaving me alone in the room. There was a soft knock and then my father's voice again.

"Princesa, some people are here to see you."

I pulled the blanket more over my head as the door opened and someone sat on the edge of my bed.

"Sara?" Poppy asked softly. "We wanted to know if you wanted to go on a small trip with us, before school starts up."

"Yeah, we haven't seen you all summer," Garreth's voice shocked me slightly.

I peaked out of the covers and saw just the two of them. No Samantha, of course. And no Ominis or Sebastian. "Just you two?" I asked.

"Yes, just us." Poppy reassured me.

I finally sat up and looked at them. I bet my hair was a mess. I only know because Garreth wasn't hiding how much he stared. "I'm not sure though, I just.. I don't think I'm going back to school."

"What?" Poppy said in shock.

"I don't want to be a witch anymore, this magic I have... Shouldn't be used."  I looked at my hands.

"I'm sorry, but that's bullshit." Garreth said crossing his arm. "You saved the whole school. You are literally the hero of Hogwarts. I get it was scary. And I understand you lost Professor Fig but you need to get up." With that he picked me up throwing me over his shoulder. "Poppy, pack her bag!"

"Put me down!" I yelled hitting his back.

"Mr. Navarro, we are going to take Sara on a trip before school starts next week. Can you make sure her trunk gets to Hogwarts?" Garreth asked as he walked down the stairs with me still hitting his back and kicking my legs.

Papa looked up from his cup of coffee confused. "Uh.. yeah I'll have it sent with Antonio... Have fun."

"No, Papa! This is Kidnapping!"

"Garreth maybe we are being to hard.." poppy called after as she hurried down still stuffing some of my clothes in a bag.

"Nope. She moped all summer when she should have been celebrating saving everyone!"